Google just recently released the latest Pixel Feature Drop update with the March 2022 security patch level. It brought several features to the Pixel devices. One of the most intriguing features, so far, is the integration of the “Pixel Camera Services” app as part of the Android system. Pixel Camera Services enables third-party camera apps such as Snapchat, TikTok, Instagram, etc. to use native Google Camera features.
One use case — that Google showcased in this blogpost — is Snapchat using Night Sight mode from Google Camera app. However, the Pixel Camera Services app has the potential for much more than just using Night Sight. With proper implementation, you will be able to use Gcam features like Astrophotography mode, Portrait mode for selfies, Night Sight for videos, Auxiliary cameras, Object Remover with Magic Eraser, and much more!
The following demo features Night Sight in the Snapchat app!
Night Sight in Pixel Camera lets you take great low-light photos and videos in low-light. Night Sight can now be used with Snapchat, allowing you to capture rich, detailed low-light videos and photos without the need for a flash. You can select the low light mode in the Snapchat app on your Pixel 6 or Pixel 6 Pro in the dark.
According to the Play Store listing, Pixel Camera Services is a system component that brings Pixel Camera features to some third-party apps. Here is what the listing says:
Pixel Camera Services is a system component that brings Pixel Camera features like Night Sight to some 3rd party apps that you’ve granted permission to use your camera. This component is pre-installed on your device and should be kept up to date to ensure you have the latest image processing updates and other bug fixes.
It also enables Night Sight with Camera2 Extensions, according to the Play Store release notes. After Snapchat, it’ll most likely be available to other camera apps like TikTok and Instagram.
Google updated the Pixel Camera Services app to the latest build 1.0.435204407.07 (from 1.0.433401302.05) weighing about 14MB solely for the Pixel 6 and 6 Pro.
However, there are some limitations as to what the app can do and which devices it supports. As for the requirements, Pixel Camera Services work on Pixel 6 or Pixel 6 Pro running Android 12 with the March security patch. The only 3rd party app that has been tested is Snapchat.
So ask the developer of your favorite photography or video, or social media app to bring support for the Pixel Camera Services. So you can use Gcam features without needing to install a Gcam MOD APK.
How does “Pixel Camera Services” work?
Once you launch the Snapchat app on the Pixel 6 running the latest Pixel Camera Services update v1.0.4+, you will notice a crescent moon symbol in the top right corner (right under the flash icon) to activate the Night Sight-powered low light mode.
Here are some before-and-after screenshots from the Snapchat app running on the Pixel 6. The scene in your viewfinder will automatically brighten.
Download Google Pixel Camera Services APK
Here, you will find the latest Pixel Camera Services APK that can be installed on the Pixel 6, Pixel 6 Pro, and possibly the older Pixel devices running Android 12.
There are two options. If your device is running the latest March 2022 Android security patch, then you probably have the Pixel Camera Services app pre-installed. You can also find it on the Play Store.
Pixel Camera Services Play Store
- Download Pixel Camera Services APK | Telegram Channel | AFH Mirror
- Previous version with arm64 and arm-v7 support (post link)
Also, download Gcam MOD APK:
- Download GCAM 8.4 APK MOD for all Android devices | Google Camera 8.4 MOD APK Port
- Download Google Camera Go 2.8 APK for all Android phones [GCAM GO 2.8]
- Download Google Camera 8.4.300 APK with Pixel 6 camera features [GCAM 8.4.300]
- Google Camera 8.3 APK From Pixel 6 and 6 Pro | GCAM 8.3 APK Download
- Google Camera 8.2.4 APK With Astrophotography Time Lapse Mode (Gcam 8.2.400)
- Gcam 8.2 APK For All Android Devices | Latest Google Camera 8.2 APK MOD
- Zoran’s GCAM 7.4 For Samsung Galaxy Devices Exynos/Snapdragon variants
- Gcam 7.4 APK for all Android devices
- Gcam 7.3 APK port from Pixel 4 for all Android devices
- Download Stable Google Camera 7.2 APK Mod
- Download Pixel 4 Google Camera 7.0 APK Mod
- Download Google Camera 7.2 APK for Samsung Galaxy Devices
- How to enable Astrophotography feature on Google Camera 7+
- The best config file for your Android devices
Join our Telegram Channel.