Table of Contents Hide
Google camera, also known as GCAM, is the stock camera app for Google Pixel devices. It is also one of the most popular camera software for Android Smartphones that has been developed by Google for some specific device processors and kernel architecture.
Snapdragon processors can easily support the Gcam mod but other processors like Samsung’s Exynos can’t. That’s why ZGCAM is made for, which comes with support for the Exynos devices, specifically for the Samsung Galaxy series. Thanks to Zoran who ported the Gcam for Exynos-powered devices.
What is GCAM MOD?
In Short, GCAM is a mod that is filled with all the Google Camera app features and brings those features to several other smartphones. There are a lot of versions available for GCam. Some are made for multiple Android series while others are made for a specific smartphone.
Features Of GCAM MOD:
Gcam comes with a lot of features like Night Sight, Astrophotography mode, Google lens, Portrait shorts, etc. It also offers better edge detection in portrait shorts, nice shadow, and depth in low light conditions, the color levels are close to reality which plays a major role in taking a better image.
The latest version of ZGCAM 7.4 is based on Astro’s Gcam 7.4 version.
How To Download And Install ZGCAM
Before installing, go through the following tips:
- Uninstall any previous version of GCam and delete config files
- Disable Framing Hints in settings, in case your app crashes.
- Don’t use Configs from v6.1
- This apk uses Samsung’s 3D Scanner app’s package name. Uninstall that app before installing the GCam.
- Download the latest version of ZGCAM from here.
- Download config files for your phone.
- Transfer the new config XML file to GCam -> config.
- Restart the ZGCAM and go through the tutorial.
- Force stop the google camera app.
- Launch Gcam and you are all set.
For Settings and configuration of ZGCAM, you can go to this link.
ZGCAM is only compatible with the following devices:
- Galaxy Note 20 Series
- Galaxy S20 Series
- Galaxy Note 10 Series
- Galaxy S10 Series
- Galaxy Note 9
- Galaxy S9 Series
- Galaxy Note 8
- Galaxy S8 Series
ZGCam 7.4 Latest Changelog:
- Astro Mode fixed for Samsung devices.
- Astro triggers at 1/10s or slower when enabled.
- Fixed Portrait mode.
- Improved denoise on Galaxy Note 9 and S9 series.
- Fixed front denoise on Galaxy Note 9 and S9 series
- Fixed issues on Moto Devices.
- Fixed issues with certain light scenes.
- Improved stabilization by changing optical image stabilization to X/Y.
In case if the latest ZGCam mod doesn’t work on your device, try to use an older version. Below is the link for all previous versions of the ZGCam mod.
- ZGCAM_7.4_V1.03387.apk (zoran, 2020-11-09, compatible with exynos)
- Previous ZGCAM_7.4_V1.03359.apk (post link)
However, you can Download the ZGCAM APK for Samsung Galaxy Exynos variants by clicking here.