Google just recently released the Android March 2022 security patch update. With it came the March Feature Drop for the Pixel 6 and 6 Pro, integrating the “Pixel Camera Services” package as part of the Android system. This new app will allow third-party camera apps such as Snapchat, TikTok, Instagram, etc. to integrate or use the native Google Camera app’s Night Sight mode.
According to the Play Store listing, Pixel Camera Services is a system component that brings Pixel Camera features to some third-party apps. Here is what the listing says:
Pixel Camera Services is a system component that brings Pixel Camera features like Night Sight to some 3rd party apps that you’ve granted permission to use your camera. This component is pre-installed on your device and should be kept up to date to ensure you have the latest image processing updates and other bug fixes.
This comes with the Pixel Camera Services’ latest update to version 1.0.433401302.05 (from 1.0.433401302.05) weighing about 14MB solely for the Pixel 6 and 6 Pro. It also enables Night Sight with Camera2 Extensions, according to the Play Store release notes. After Snapchat, it’ll most likely be available to other camera apps like TikTok and Instagram.
However, there are some limitations as to what the app can do and which devices it supports. As for the requirements, Pixel Camera Services work on Pixel 6 or Pixel 6 Pro running Android 12 with the March security patch. The only 3rd party app that has been tested is Snapchat.
How does “Pixel Camera Services” work?
Once you launch the Snapchat app on the Pixel 6 running the latest Pixel Camera Services update v1.0.4+, you will notice a crescent moon symbol in the top right corner (right under the flash icon) to activate the Night Sight-powered low light mode.
Here are some before-and-after screenshots from the Snapchat app running on the Pixel 6. The scene in your viewfinder will automatically brighten.
Download Google Pixel Camera Services APK
Here, you will find the latest Pixel Camera Services APK that can be installed on the Pixel 6, Pixel 6 Pro, and possibly the older Pixel devices running Android 12.
There are two options. If your device is running the latest March 2022 Android security patch, then you probably have the Pixel Camera Services app pre-installed. You can also find it on the Play Store.
- Download Pixel Camera Services APK | Telegram Channel | AFH Mirror
Also, download Gcam MOD APK:
- Download GCAM 8.4 APK MOD for all Android devices | Google Camera 8.4 MOD APK Port
- Download Google Camera Go 2.8 APK for all Android phones [GCAM GO 2.8]
- Download Google Camera 8.4.300 APK with Pixel 6 camera features [GCAM 8.4.300]
- Google Camera 8.3 APK From Pixel 6 and 6 Pro | GCAM 8.3 APK Download
- Google Camera 8.2.4 APK With Astrophotography Time Lapse Mode (Gcam 8.2.400)
- Gcam 8.2 APK For All Android Devices | Latest Google Camera 8.2 APK MOD
- Zoran’s GCAM 7.4 For Samsung Galaxy Devices Exynos/Snapdragon variants
- Gcam 7.4 APK for all Android devices
- Gcam 7.3 APK port from Pixel 4 for all Android devices
- Download Stable Google Camera 7.2 APK Mod
- Download Pixel 4 Google Camera 7.0 APK Mod
- Download Google Camera 7.2 APK for Samsung Galaxy Devices
- How to enable Astrophotography feature on Google Camera 7+
- The best config file for your Android devices
Join our Telegram Channel.
Subscribe to Newsletters via Email. Follow us on Google News and Join our Telegram Group! Also, support us by donating via PayPal.