Always On Display (AOD) has been popular ever since the launch of the new devices like the Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge and LG G5. Using AOD, the user’s Android device display is always one showing time, date, battery, etc. It allows users to check the time and date, and also keep track of the missed calls, message alerts, and other important notifications without even having to unlock the device’s lock screen eve when the phone is not in use or it’s just on standby. You can also display a variety of clocks, calendars, and themes. the AOD feature offers many customization options.
Even though Samsung, LG, and Motorola began developing the function long ago, the feature has been gaining a lot of popularity lately. It allows the ability to check information quickly and to differentiate themselves from other users. Also, the feature is not just limited to Galaxy S7 or LG G5 anymore. XDA forum member PFittech has created an app that serves the same feature for all the Android devices. This app is a mix between the LG G5 and Samsung TouchWiz Always ON display. You can check out the features from below.
Features of AOD App:
• Double tap to wake up device like LG phones
• Showing date, time, notifications and battery state and level(red – 15%, green 100%)
• Long press on the date open calendar app
• Tap on notification icon open selected app
• Automatic brightness control for AOD from light sensor or manual set in settings
• Pause AOD while receiving calls
• Pause AOD if phone is in pocket or proxy sensor is active more then 30s – save battery
• Ability to set time that allows deep sleep AOD when phone is without motion more than set time in settings – save battery
• Ability disables AOD when long press back button
• Options for configuration views size, color, position and visibility for views in AOD.
• Options to set wallpaper and opacity for AOD
• Options for time format
• If phone is charging AOD will never pause and you can use it like with
Changelog states that the battery usage has been improved as well as the performance improvements.
Download Always On Display Like LG G5 and Samsung Galaxy S7 For Your Android Device
- Always On Display [AOD] → Download | File: v0.1.4.apk
You may also like:
Samsung Galaxy S7 (Edge) Apps and Features:
- Stock Galaxy S7 wallpapers,
- Stock S7 Ringtones, UI tones, Alarm tones etc.
- Port Galaxy S7 Apps and Features to Galaxy S6 and Note 5
- S7 Framework, Apps, ROM port
- Galaxy S7 ROM port for S6 and Note 5
LG G5 Apps and Features:
- LG G5 Live Wallpapers → Download | File: G5LiveWallpapers.zip
- LG G5 Stock Wallpapers →Download| File: G5StockWallpapers.zip
- LG G5 Apps and Features for G3 and G4→ Link
- LG G5 UX 5.0 Home user interface → Link
Follow and like us on social media. Leave a message in the comments.