Table of Contents Hide
Update: Xposed Framework V90 Beta 3 and beta 2 now available for download with more stability and bug fixes. The beta 3 now adds compatibility with Samsung Experience 9.0 Oreo ROMS. Google recently released latest Android 8.1 Oreo for its stunning Pixel and Nexus series phones. Some of the other Android manufacturers also pushed the newer Oreo firmware update like Samsung Galaxy S8, OnePlus 5/5T, Asus, Essential Phones, etc. Moreover, a lot of custom ROM developers for Lineage OS 15.1, Resurrection remix, AOSP 8.1 Oreo port, Nitrogen OS are now deploying 8.1 Oreo builds for supported devices. This also includes the developer support for various frameworks like Xposed, Magisk, SuperSU, etc.
Xposed Framework has been updated to v90 for latest Android 8.0 Oreo and 8.1 Oreo. We have already seen the latest versions of Magisk 15.2 and SuperSU 2.82 SR5 getting the Oreo support. Today, the developer rovo89 deployed another update with Xposed v90 for Android 8.0 Oreo (SDK 26) and 8.1 Oreo (SDK 27). Both the firmware come with different SDK version and need a different file for each. This is a beta version. The stable version is coming and will be updated with the same links.
Xposed Framework and its modules bring various tweaking, customization, and personalization options over the stock Android system. This includes Amplify, Gravity Box, Ad blocker, Ads remover for YouTube, Kernel tweaker, up clock, down clock, etc. There are several modules to choose from. You can also install Xposed as a Magisk module. This only applies if the module states it is compatible with Oreo. So download and install Xposed Framework for Android Oreo.
Before you jump into installing the Xposed v90 onto your Oreo device, remember that it is in beta state. Hence, there may be some bugs. However, users have reported it to be working just fine. Not all Android phones have been tested and may not work with every configuration. You will need to test your own device by yourself. Simply download the latest Xposed v90 for Oreo and head over to the installation instructions from below.
What’s new with Xposed v90 Beta 3?
- Another small update for Xpsoed v90-beta3 adds compatibility for Samsung’s Oreo ROMs.
- Also back-ported some changes from Android P to Oreo 8.0, which were previously only ported to Oreo 8.1.
- This might fix some app crashes. .
- Also, downloads are finally available via HTTPS.
What’s new with Xposed v90 Beta 2?
There’s a new Xposed Installer v3.15 available in the first post now. It fixes two crashes and provides two new features:
- Fixed a crash in download list search on Oreo.
- Fixed a crash when sending log on Oreo.
- “Optimize apps now” menu item, will trigger “cmd package bg-dexopt-job”. It’s available since Oreo and will start the job that usually runs once per night if the device is charging. If you feel degraded performance after installing Xposed, it might be because all apps are running purely on JIT and interpreter. That’s because Xposed needs additional information to identify methods it has to invalidate, and that information will be determined during the next compilation. If you want that to happen now, use this new feature. It took about 20 minutes on my Pixel. For more background, see here.
- Detection if Verified Boot (dm-verity) is active. If yes, any changes to the system partition will be detected and you’ll end up in a boot loop. The detection might not be 100% perfect yet, so if you notice false positives or negatives, please report a bug along with the output of “adb shell getprop”.
I’m also publishing v90-beta2 and uninstaller 20180117, available via Xposed Installer. Remember that the first boot will take several minutes.
Download latest Xposed Framework v90 for Android 8.0/8.1 Oreo
The following links possess the latest Xposed Framework v90. The Xposed Installer APK is necessary to run various Xposed modules and basically control the behavior of the Xposed binaries.
You will need to flash the Xposed installer zip via latest TWRP recovery depending on the Oreo version which is the SDK version. Android 8.0 Oreo posses the SDK version 26 and the 8.1 Oreo comes with SDK v27. So you will need to carefully flash the proper Xposed version for your phones’ system.
Download latest Xposed for Oreo:
- Xposed V90 Installer 3.1.5 APK
- Xposed v90 Installer Zip Android 8.0 Oreo SDK 26
- Xposed v90 Installer Zip Android 8.1 Oreo SDK 27
Moreover, there are three versions of Xposed. One for arm devices, one for arm64 devices, and the other for x86 devices.
For SDK21 is Android 5.0 (Lollipop), SDK22 is Android 5.1 (also Lollipop) and SDK23 is Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), Nougat, SDK24 is Android 7.0 and SDK25 is Android 7.1. SDK26 for 8.0 Oreo and SDK27 for 8.1 Oreo.
You will also need:
How to Install Xposed Framework onto Android 8.0/8.1 Oreo?
The easiest way to install Xposed Framework on any Andoid devcie running 8.0/8.1 Oreo is via Magisk Manager. If your device is rooted with Magisk 16.1+, then open Magisk Manager, go to modules or downloads and search for Xposed Framework. Use the proper SDK version. Install and reboot. You will have the latest Xposed Framework installed.
Alternatively, read detailed tutorial on how to install Xposed onto Android manually via TWRP. The installation procedure is basically the same as that of any other device
Step 1: Make sure your device is rooted with latest TWRP recovery installed. Read – How to unlock bootloader, flash TWRP, and root Android? For Samsung devices click here.
Step 2: Download latest Xposed v90 installer APK, Xposed Framework zip, and Uninstaller. Transfer all the files to phone’s internal storage.
Step 3: Reboot into TWRP recovery. To do so, turn off the device and then press and hold volume down and power keys.
Step 4: Once into TWRP, take a full Nandroid backup. Click Backup option and select all the partitions including the system, data, boot, recovery, EFS, and cache(optional).
Step 5: Go to the home screen again and tap Install option. Navigate to the Xposed Framework zip (xposed-v90-sdk26-arm64.zip) file in your device storage. Select it and swipe right on the confirmation action button below to begin the installation.
Step 6: Once installation completes, you can wipe the Dalvik cache or simply choose reboot to system option.
Step 7: The First reboot may take some time. From the system, install the Xposed Installer APK.
Step 8: Reboot device when prompted.
That’s it. Enjoy latest Xposed for your Android phone.