Table of Contents
Samsung leaves no stones unturned in bringing a flawless OS for its users. With that said, the 5th iteration of Android 8.0 Oreo Beta for Galaxy S8(plus) is now rolling and is available for download. The software brings the device firmware build number to G950FXXU1ZQLE / G955FXXU1ZQLE respectively for S8 and S8+ devices. Similar to most of its predecessors, it is entirely dedicated to fixing the bugs. It resolves the issues with profile sharing, YouTube App crash, random reboots, home screen misfit, bootloop upon performing certain actions etc.
The update is currently only available for the Exynos variants in the regions of Europe, Asia, etc. The Oreo Beta 5 is for the UK variants with model number G950F and G955F. Whereas for the Asian variants, this is only the Beta 2 with baseband version ZQLE. The OTA weighs around 615 MB in size and is available over-the-air across the globe.
Bug Fixes and Improvements in Samsung’s Oreo Beta 5
Other issues it solves are fingerprint scanner removal leading to the forced closure of Settings option. The message App used to be non-responsive at times got patched with the 5th Beta Oreo. Apart from the plugging the holes, the upgrade brings the security patch level to that of December 2017. Some users have reported that memory management has greatly improved with the fifth Beta O rollout. Also, battery life has become very efficient and is now lasting longer.
Samsung has a target to drop the stable Oreo by January 2018 and it seems still a lot of work is needed to be done. The forceful closing of applications has been persistent since last few beta versions. It is good to see Samsung is taking care of minute errors and fixing them. Also, these Beta versions are for test purpose, so whoever is in doubt regarding the Safetynet validation, until official rollout it won’t be certified.
Needless to say, the Android 8.0 Oreo Beta for Galaxy S8(plus) is only for those who have volunteered for Beta test. You can check for the software by going into the device Setting > tap Software update > tap Download updates Manually option.
The update being a large one, we suggest you hook into a strong Wi-Fi network to grab it.
Full update log for Galaxy S8 Oreo Beta 5
The 5th Beta Software update (Dec 28th) based on Samsung Experience 9.0 consists of the following highlights. It comes for the Galaxy S8 and S8+ Exynos variants for now with model number SM-G950F/FD / SM-G955F/FD and software version ZQLE.
- Profile sharing won’t enable and keeps saying check network connection
- Home screen does not fit the screen properly.
- Phone restarting while using the camera.
- Smart view doesn’t seem to see LG TV.
- YouTube app crashes phone causing it to restart.
- Always on Display side clock and info no longer fits the home screen
- After connecting phone to USB and via Bluetooth at car and phone froze and restarted
- Message app does not respond properly. It always hangs on exiting the app
- Use a black theme, text cannot display completely.
- Every time you hang up the phone, popup “Call ANR”.
- Device restarted after calling on recent calls.
- Galaxy Apps occurs unknown vibrations.
- Video plays fast after connecting HDMI cable.
- S finder run when push volume key on app tray
- Settings force closes when removing all registered fingerprints
- Samsung Account force closes whenever back up secure folder
- Bixby briefing doesn’t work
You may also like,
- Download Samsung Oreo Beta 4 now rolling out in US, UK, Korea
- Samsung Galaxy S8(Plus) Android 8.0 Oreo Beta Now Rolling In India, Germany, Poland, France
- Install Android 8.0 Oreo Beta On Any Galaxy S8/S8 Plus Device
- Download USA Snapdragon Galaxy S8/S8+ variants receive December 2017 Security Patch
So, if you are a Beta test volunteer of Galaxy S8(plus) then look out for this update and catch the OTA as it rolls.