With the great demand for Oreo custom ROMS, developers are working hard to bring them to various Android devices. Speaking of which, two such tailor-made custom ROMS are bringing Android 8.1 Oreo for Xiaomi Redmi Note 4. These are the Pixel Experience and Omni ROM for the Redmi Note 4 codenamed Mido. The two ROMS are based on the latest Android 8.1 Oreo firmware and are maintained by jhenrique9 and khan_frd2002 respectively. Although being in the beta state the ROMS seem to be quite stable for an initial release.
These Pixel Experience and Omni ROMS bring complete Pixel phone experience to Mi Note 4. The security patch level is from latest December 2017 which is a plus. All of the features are working fine as of now, yet we can expect regular updates from the developers. There might be some tiny bugs but those will be patched in coming days. The download links and flashing steps are all mentioned below.
There are several Android 8.1 Oreo based custom ROMS available for the Redmi Note 4. The first few among these are the Pixel Experience AOSP 8.1 Oreo ROM port. The second is Omni ROM. This AOSP ROM will give you all the Pixel 2 features and user interface. It includes Google Pixel 2 launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation, etc. The Omni ROM on the otehr hand will provide you with all the latest Lineage OS 15.1 sources and the performance and smooth transition of a CAF ROM. The best part is most of the functions are working along with Volte and Goodix.
Working Features with Android 8.1 Oreo custom ROMS for Note 4?
So like we said, all most all of the features are working fine, here is a collective list of all the functional features.
- Mobile data
- Fingerprint Scanner
- Audio/ vibration
How To Install Android 8.1 Oreo ROM onto Xiaomi Redmi Note 4?
Before getting on with flashing process, keep in mind the following points. The download section is listed below.
- To flash these ROMs you have to unlock the bootloader and install custom TWRP recovery setup.
- Ensure your device has full battery charge to avoid any interruption during installation.
- Take a full Nandroid backup of your data from TWRP.
- Your device warranty might be void after flashing custom ROM.
- AndroidSage will not be responsible for any damages to your device.
Now let’s take a look at the steps to flash the tailor-made OS.
Step-1 Download the Android 8.1 Oreo ROM and GApps from below links.
Step-2 Transfer those files from PC to your device storage.
Step-3 Install the latest TWRP on your device.
Step-4 Now reboot to TWRP.
Step-5 Perform a full wipe( Cache, Dalvik cache, data, and system)
Step-6 Flash the OS and GApps.
Step-7 Finally, reboot the device to finish.
Note:- if You are installing Mido ROM, then no need to separately flash the GApps. It is already included.
Download Android 8.1 Oreo For Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Here is the download section for both the above-mentioned ROMs and other downloadables.
- Pixel 2 Experience ROM for Redmi Note 4 (Mido ) | Download
- Omni ROM for Xiaomi Note 4 8.1 Oreo | Download
- Latest TWRP Recovery | Download
- GApps for Oreo 8.1 | Download
You may also like:
- Pixel Wallpapers 2017 6.0+ All devices
- Pixel Wallpapers 2017 6.0+ ARM64 only
- Pixel 2016 Live Wallpapers | Downloads
Alternate apks (for testing purpose, use only if above ones are not working)
- Pixel Wallpapers 2017 Mirror (Google Drive) 6.0+ All devices
- Pixel Wallpapers 2017 Mirror (Google Drive) 6.0+ ARM64 only
So, that’s all. follow the steps carefully, flash the ROMs and enjoy Oreo on your Redmi Note 4.
Keep following AndroidSage over social media platforms for every latest update on Android Oreo based custom ROMs.