Table of Contents
The OnePlus 3 and the OnePlus 3T are one of the most talked about phones among Android users due to the regular OTA updates coming their way. Yesterday, we saw the official H2OS Beta for the OnePlus 3 and 3T. As we predicted, today the Oxygen OS Open Beta 14 for OnePlus 3 and the Open Beta 5 for Oneplus 3T are now available for download. The update brings several bug fixes to the plate. However, it is still based on the Android 7.1.1. We will have to wait until the official Android 7.1.2 Nougat gets to us.
The Beta 14 and the Beta 5 for the OnePlus 3 are huge updates. The OTA comes in a package of 1388 MB which is almost 1.36 GB. Usually, incremental OTA updates come as small and incremental zip files. This is only if your device is running the previous Open Beta 13 or 4. This could mean Oneplus development team may have recompiled the entire Oxygen OS bringing stability to the phones. Ironically, the Open Betas are actually more stable than the Oxygen OS.
You can also grab the complete Open Beta firmware package and flash it via Local Upgrade option found in Settings>System Updates.
What’s new with Open Beta 14 and Beta 5 for OnePlus 3?
- Bluetooth improvements
- Car bluetooth fixes
- Battery usage optimizations
- Fixed some auto connection issues
- GPS optimizations
- Improved accuracy, now less likely to drop GPS connection
- Night Mode optimizations
- Update default sunrise time (8AM -> 6AM)
- Fixed issue of auto night mode not turning off
- Fixed issue of auto night mode turning on, but doesn’t stay on
- Fixed issue of night mode causing issues with sRGB
- Launcher optimizations
- Fixed issue of system reboot when setting wallpaper
- Fixed issue where setting of wallpaper doesn’t work
- Prevent occasional Launcher crash
- Removed extraneous wallpaper entry
- Clock widget improvements
- Fixed bug where clock widget shows smaller after exit of a full-screen app
- Dark theme improvements
- Translation improvements
- Updated community app to 1.8
- Other general bug fixes and optimizations
Two ways to install the OOS Open Beta 14 & Beta 5 for OnePlus 3/3T
There are actually two ways to download and install the official updates. If your device is running previous Open Beta firmware, check out the first method. Alternatively, for stock Oxygen OS running phones, go for the second one.
Via OTA zip file
The OTA update can be downloaded by following the simple steps below. The Open Beta is available everywhere so no need to change your location to Canada via VPN.
- Make sure your device is on previous Open Beta 13. Otherwise, see the second method below.
- Now go to Settings>System Updates.
- Check for new updates.
- Download the new Oxygen OS Beta 14/5 OTA update.
- Tap on the OTA updated.
- Reboot and upgrade.
If the device doesn’t detect any update, change the location to Germany via VPN.
Via Local Upgrade option in Settings using the full firmware zip file
If you are running the official Oxygen OS 4.1.3 based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat, then download the full firmware package from below and check out the installation steps. Also, see easy steps to switch between Oxygen OS, Open Beta, Hydrogen OS, etc.
Download Oxygen OS Open Beta 14 for OnePlus 3
- Open Beta 14 for OnePlus 3 | Download | File: OnePlus3Oxygen_16_OTA_022_all_1704191252_c7f2b642cd014157.zip
Download Oxygen OS Open Beta 5 for OnePlus 3T
- Open Beta 5 for OnePlus 3T | Download | File: OnePlus3TOxygen_28_OTA_022_all_1704191252_bca11249255a47fe.zip
- Make sure your device is running on stock Oxygen OS firmware.
- Download the Open Beta full firmware file for your OnePlus 3 device from above.
- Transfer the full ROM zip to the internal storage of OnePlus 3. Put it in the root directory. Outside every folder.
- Go to Settings>System Updates>Tap on the Settings icon on top right corner>Select the Local Upgrade option.
- Install the Beta full package via Local Upgrade option.
- Select the firmware file that will be shown.
- Let the upgrade do its thing.
- Reboot to system.