One of the most popular China-based smartphone manufacturer, OnePlus, has already rolled out the latest Android 7.0 Nougat based Oxygen OS 4.0.1 firmware upgrade to its flagship phones including OnePlus 3 and the 3T. Moreover, the Oxygen OS 4.0.2 has also been confirmed. Alternatively, the company has also released the beta testing version under its Open beta program. However, switching between the two firmware is not possible using adb sideload method. Upgrading to latest Open Beta 10 from Oxygen OS 4.0 is possible via adb sideload. However, restoring the official stock OOS 4.0.1 via sideloading is not possible. This tutorial will show you how to do it with a simple Android application and without any data loss and even with a locked bootloader.
Features of this guide:
- Does not require root access or a rooted device.
- Works on both locked as well as an unlocked bootloader.
- No need to go into entering commands trough terminal.
- Works for both OnePlus 3T and OP 3.
- Needs stock recovery.
- No data loss – all apps, data, and settings available.
- Use any firmware Oxygen OS, Open Beta, or the Hydrogen OS.
If your device is running Open Beta 10 or the Beta 1 for OnePlus 3 & 3T respectively, the sideload method fails for most of the users to switch back to the stock official Oxygen OS 4.0.1. This guide will show you exactly how to easily switch between the Beta version, official Oxygen OS, and the Hydrogen OS as well.
How to revert back to Oxygen OS 4.0.1 from Open Beta via Local upgrade app?
First, download the full stock firmware file form your Oneplus 3/3T. Next thing you will need it the Local upgrade application. Transfer all the files to your OnePlus’ internal storage.
Download the Local Upgrade app for OnePlus 3/3T
- Local upgrade APK → Direct Download Link
For reference, we have installed the OnePlus 3 Oxygen OS 4.0.1 over the Open Beta 10. You can later revert back to the Beta version using the same procedure or even install the Hydrogen OS based on the Android 7.0 Nougat.
- Download and transfer the OnePlus 3/3T stock firmware into sd card root directory. Do not put it in any folder. See the image below.
- Now download and install the Local Upgrade Android application on your OnePlus device.
- Launch the Local Upgrade app and search for an upgrade package.
- Once you see an upgrade package, tap over it and then hit the install option.
The device will automatically reboot and perform an upgrade. The installation may take a few minutes. But the device will surely boot. If it doesn’t, you may want to perform a factory reset. However, doing so may result in loss of data. So be patient and let the upgrade do its thing.
Check out the video tutorial for the same: