Table of Contents Hide
Today, the Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930F and S7 Edge SM-G935F OTA update for the official Android 7. 0 Nougat stock firmware has been rolling out. Although the OTA has not been captured yet, here we will show you how to install the latest Nougat firmware onto your Galaxy S7 device. The new firmware from the Korean manufacturer will bring Android version 7.0 and not the Android v7.1.1 with a new user interface named Samsung Experience 8. However, it does bring the firmware build number G935FXXU1DPLT to S7 Edge and G930FXXU1DPLT to the original S7.
This tutorial will require you to restore any or all the changes to stock or factory settings. This will perform a clean firmware installation using the available G930FXXU1BPLB based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Once you are onto the last Marshmallow update, you will receive the Android 7.0 Nougat based G935FXXU1DPLT firmware OTA update. Download and upgrade.
Update: G935FXXU1DPLT Odin flashable download links are now live. Check out the download section below.
Downloads latest Galaxy S7 (Edge) stock firmware files
Before you proceed to the download section, you should download the PLB firmware directly from Samsung servers with a new tool listed below. This will help you download latest Samsung firmware without any speed restrictions or subscription.
- Tool to Download Official Samsung Galaxy S7 Stock Firmware
→ Download | [Faster download method with no speed limit]
- Download Samsung Galaxy S7 Stock Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware
- Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930F → Download| File: G930FXXU1DPLT_G930FPHN1BPK1_PHN.rar (Netherlands)
- Galaxy S7 Nougat→ Download [Mirror]| File: G930FXXU1DPLT_G930FOXA1DPLT_BTU_FULL.zip (UK)
- Galaxy S7 Marshmallow|G930FXXU1BPLB_G930FOXA1BPLB_BTU.tar.md5
- Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930FD → Download | Mirror
- Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930T → Download | Mirror [T-Mobile USA]
- Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930W8 → Download | Mirror
- Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930P → Download | Mirror [Sprint USA]
- Download Galaxy S7 Edge Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware
- Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930F → Download | File: G935FXXU1DPLT_G935FPHN1BPK1_PHN.rar (Netherlands)
- Galaxy S7 Nougat→ Download [Mirror]| File: G935FXXU1DPLT_G935FOXA1DPLT_BTU.zip (UK)
- Galaxy S7 Edge Marshmallow | G935FXXU1BPLB_G935FBTU1BPK3_BTU.tar
- Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G935FD → Download | Mirror
- Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935W8 → Download | Mirror
- Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935T → Download | Mirror [T-Mobile USA]
- Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935P → Download | Mirror [Sprint USA]
- Tools Required to Restore Galaxy S7 to Stock
How to Restore Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge to Stock G935FXXU1BPLB Firmware?
Step 1: Download the latest PLB firmware from above. Extract it to get the firmware with .tar or .tar.md5.
Step 2: Reboot your device into Download/Odin Mode. To do so, turn off your device completely and then press and hold Power button + Volume Down + Home keys for a few seconds.
Step 3: If you already have Odin software on your PC then simply run the Odin3_3.12.3.exe file. Run Odin software as administrator.
Step 4: Connect your device to your PC using a USB cable.
Step 5: After a successful connection, the ID: COM in the Odin should turn Blue and an Added!! message should be displayed in the Log tab. In case your device doesn’t show up in Odin, then you can troubleshoot it with the steps given at the end of the tutorial.
Step 6: Now click on AP button and add the firmware file by navigating to the file path. Once added, it should show like this — File Path\G930FXXU1BPLB_G930FOXA1BPLB_BTU.tar.md5
Step 7: Take care that only Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time are selected in the Options tab. Do not check Re-Partition.
Step 8: Once done, verify everything and proceed with installation by selecting Start button. If it’s a 4 file firmware, then take a look at the following image:
Step 9: When you get a PASS! message in the Log tab on your Odin software, that means firmware has successfully been installed and the device will restart itself. If not then reboot manually.
Now download the G935FXXU1DPLT/G930FXXU1DPLT OTA and update it
Now that your device has been restored to stock BTU firmware, it’s time to download the Android 7.0 Nougat OTA. To do this go to Settings>About device> Software Updates. You will be notified of the G935FXXU1DPLT OTA. Download it and update. The Nougat OTA weighs around 1291.19 MB in size.
Let us know in the comments below if you were able to download Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge Nougat OTA update using tips shared above.