The Hydrogen OS (H2OS) is an alternate ROM for the OnePlus devices. Similar to the Oxygen OS, the H2OS is basically for the Chinese variants of the OnePlus phones. The H2OS currently runs on the Android 7.0 Nougat version; just like the Oxygen OS 4.0.1 that was released earlier this month. If you want to try this alternate ROM and try all of its features, then here is the Nougat based H2OS for you. There is quite a difference between the Oxygen OS and the Hydrogen OS. First off, the H2OS doesn’t come with any of the Google products and services – as Google is banned in most parts of China. The system UX has been tweaked to get a different feel than the stock one. The H2OS Nougat firmware is only available for OnePlus 3/3T.
Here we have listed the easiest way to install the Hydrogen OS Nougat Beta onto your OnePlus or OnePlus 3T. This method will help you install H2OS without any hassle of rooting or setting up a custom TWRP recovery. Although, you can still grab the H2OS full ROM zip and flash directly via TWRP, here we will show you how to install it via APK file only. The Android app is named Local Upgrade. All you need to do is download the H2OS firmware file, transfer the file to the root directory of internal storage and search for the upgrade from the newly installed app.
Download Android 7.0 Nougat Hydrogen OS H2OS for OnePlus 3/3T
- H2OS for Oneplus 3T → Download | File: OnePlus3THydrogen_28_OTA_011_all_1612281250_b6bd358314ad4871.zip
- H2OS for Oneplus 3 → Download | File: OnePlus3Hydrogen_16_OTA_011_all_1612281257_c5487294226047d4.zip
- Local Upgrade APK to install H2OS via storage → Download
You may also like: Download latest H2OS firmware files for all OnePlus devices
How to Install H2OS using Local Upgrade app?
- Download the H2OS full firmware files from above and also the Local Upgrade APK.
- Transfer all the files to the root of your OnePlus phone storage. You can place the H2OS firmware any where.
- Install the APK and and launch it.
- Search for the H2OS upgrade from the storage.
Note: If the firmware fails to show up, create a folder named “.OnePlusH2Ota”. Transfer the H2OS ROM into the folder and then search for the upgrade via APK.
- Once it is detected, proceed with the installation.
- Let the installation progress and the phone will automatically reboot into H2OS.
You can also revert back to Oxygen OS 4.0.1 for the OnePlus 3 and 3T using the same procedure. Moreover, you can also install the H2OS via TWRP recovery as well. See how to install H2OS via TWRP.
Source: OnePlus forums
Subscribe to Newsletters via Email. Follow us on Google News and Join our Telegram Group! Also, support us by donating via PayPal.