Table of Contents
- Download Android 10 for Galaxy S9/S9+ based on One UI 2.0 update
- How to update Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+ to Android 10 One UI 2.0?
Updated: Stable Android 10 now available for download for Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+ for beta 6 users and previous Android 9 Pie users. Samsung begins the OneUI 2.0 beta update for the Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus Exynos variants. The Android 10 beta program is now live in India and South Korea. We have already seen the latest One UI 2.0 beta update for the Galaxy S10 series, Note 10, and the Galaxy Note 9. The S10 got whopping 7 beta updates till date. So we can expect One UI 2.0 firmware for the S9 to be quite stable for the first release. While other countries with Exynos variants of the S9 and S9+ may have to wait a little longer for the OTA update to popup, you also have the option to download and install the latest Android 10 beta update manually.
The first One UI 2.0 beta features a new build number G965FXXU7ZSKD and baseband version G965FXXU7ZSK9 for the Galaxy S9+. Same goes for the regular Galaxy S9 with build number G960FXXU7ZSKD and baseband version G960FXXU7ZSK9. It features all the Android 10 goodies like enhanced location permissions, advanced privacy tools, live caption, smart reply, sound amplifier, gesture navigation from Google Pixel, dark mode, focus mode, family link, latest security updates, and more.
Moreover, you also get One UI 2.0 exclusive features including full screen gestures from Samsung, updated one-handed mode, new media and devices, updated Biometrics, brand new battery usage graph, Digital Wellbeing, pre-installed Android Auto, removal of Android Beam, and much more. Not to forget the new and updated Samsung stock apps like Samsung Camera, Internet, Contacts, Calendar, Reminder, My Files, Calculator, Gallery, etc. The long awaited Nigh Mode also come to the Samsung camera on the latest Android 10 update for the S9 and S9 Plus. You can checkout the compete One Ui 2.0 changelog and feature list from here.
Download Android 10 for Galaxy S9/S9+ based on One UI 2.0 update
Updated: Android 10 beta 2 is now rolling out for Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus. Download link for the Galaxy S9 SM-G9650 available now!
Following we have listed the official Android 10 OTA
update.zip file for the Exynos Galaxy S9 (SM-G960F) and Galaxy S9+ (SM-G965F) variants. While the update is only available in select countries as of now, you can still manually update your phone using the OTA update zip.
We have the OTA updates for the entire global Galaxy S9+ going from build CSK1 to ZSK9. So your device needs to be on the Android 9 Pie CSK1 firmware in order to flash the Android 10 beta OTA.
Latest: Download One UI 2.0 stable for S9/S9+
- Exynos Galaxy S9/S9+ One UI 2.0 stable | Download G965FXXU7DTAA (post link)
Downloads from Samsung Servers: OneUI Beta 1 ZSK9
- Exynos Galaxy S9+ One UI 2.0 | Download G965FXXU7CSK1 to ZSK9 update zip
- Exynos Galaxy S9 One UI 2.0 | Download G960FXXU7CSK1 to ZSK9 update zip
Downloads from Samsung Servers: OneUI Beta 2 ZSL2
- Exynos Galaxy S9+ One UI 2.0 | Download G965FXXU7ZSK9 to ZSL2 update zip | Mega mirror
- Exynos Galaxy S9 One UI 2.0 | Download G960FXXU7ZSK9 to ZSL2 update zip | Mega mirror
Download One UI Beta 3 ZSL9
- Exynos Galaxy S9/S9+ One UI 2.0 beta 3 | Download G965FXXU7ZSL2 to ZSL9 (post link)
Download One UI Beta 4 ZSLC
- Exynos Galaxy S9/S9+ One UI 2.0 beta 4 | Download G965FXXU7ZSL9 to ZSLC (post link)
Download One UI Beta 5
- Exynos Galaxy S9/S9+ One UI 2.0 beta 5 | Download G965FXXU7ZTA2 (post link)
Download One UI Beta 6
- Exynos Galaxy S9/S9+ One UI 2.0 beta 6 | Download G965FXXU7ZTA9 (post link)
You may also need:
- Download CSK1 stock firmware for using SamFirm tool or Sammobile | Gdrive mirror
- Download latest Odin 3.13.3
- Or Patched Odin3_v3.13.1
NOTES for eligible devices! The update zips are only for MULTI-CSC OXM! You can check this by dialing using your phone app at – *#1234#, and check if OXM is in the CSC-build.
Eligible OXM multi CSC builds are ( ACR AFG AFR ATO AUT BGL BNG BRI CAC CAM CAU CHO COO DBT DKR ECT EGY EON EUR ILO INS ITV KSA LAO LUX MID MWD MXO MYM NEE NPL ORX PAK PEO PHE PHN ROM SEB SEE SEK SKZ SLK SMP THL THR TPA TPH TTT TUN TUR XEF XEH XEO XEU XEZ XFE XME XSG XSP XTC XXV )
And for single: ( BTC BTU CPW DOO EMP GLB GTO LYS MAT MM1 NZC OPS SER SIN SIO SMA STH TEB TEL TMC TNZ VAU VNZ WTL XFA XFV XNZ XSA )
How to update Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+ to Android 10 One UI 2.0?
The latest Android 10 beta is now live for the S9 and S9+ via Samsung Member’s app in the regions of South Korea and India. The easiest way to update Galaxy device to Android 10 is using the Samsung Members app. However, for the regions where the update is not yet available, download the OTA update zip from above and installation via stock recovery or ADB sideload method (recommended).
Checkout our popular tutorial about S10 and read the comments for some troubleshooting and help – Download Android 10 beta for Exynos Galaxy S10 based on One UI 2.0.
- Make sure your device is an Exynos S9/S9+ variant.
- Enable OEM Unlock, and USB Debugging from Developer Options on your device just in case. To do so, go to Settings > Developer Options > enable USB Debugging from there.
- Make sure to setup ADB and Fastboot on Windows, Mac OS, Linux or Chrome OS.
Samsung SDK Platform Tools method
- Make sure your Galaxy S9/S9+ is on the latest Android 9 Pie CSK1 build. See how to install Samsung stock firmware via Odin flash tool.
- Download CSK1 to ZSK9 OTA update zip from above.
- Rename it to
- Transfer the file to PC, Mac Book, or Linux machine. Also, keep a copy of the update zip on your phone’s storage or SD card.
- Download Samsung SDK Platform Tools SDK platform tools from here for your PC – Windows, Linux, MacOS.
- Extract the SDK files to your desktop.
- Enter the extracted folder and put the update.zip in it.
- From the folder, launch a command prompt window. You an do this by simply clicking the address bar, type “cmd” and hit enter. Alternatively, hold left shift, right click on mouse and select “open command prompt here”.
- Turn off the phone completely.
- Now, enter into recovery mode by holding power+bixby+volume up buttons.
- Select “update via ADB”. (you scroll down using the volume buttons and select using the power button).
- Connect your phone to the PC using original Samsung USB cable.
- In the command prompt issue the following command:
- See if your device has been connected and wait for the daemon to start.
- If your device is found, run the following command:
./adb sideload update.zip
- Wait for the update to install and reboot the phone.
- Repeat the same procedure for next OTA update beta 2, beta 3, and so forth. (if available)
Stock recovery method 2 – OTA update zip installation:
- Make sure your Galaxy S9 is on the Android 9 Pie firmware CSK1 build. If your phone is already running this software version, skip this step and proceed.
- Download CSK1 to ZSK9 OTA update zip from above. Rename it to
update.zipand transfer the file to PC, Mac Book, or Linux machine. Also, keep a copy of the update zip on your phone’s storage or SD card.
- Reboot your Galaxy phone into Recovery mode. To do so, turn of your phone completely and then press and hold Power + Volume Up + Bixby buttons simultaneously for a few seconds.
- Once you enter the stock recovery mode, use the volume buttons to navigate and select the option “apply update from SD card“.
- Navigate to the update zip file (CSK1 to ZSK9) in SD card and hit power button to select it.
- The update will then start. The update can take between 2 to 10 minutes. Once you finish this step, skip to step 13.
- Repeat the same for further OTA update like beta 2, beta 3, and more
update.zip. (if available)
Note: You can also, issue the following command through cmd or terminal to reboot into recovery mode.
adb reboot recovery
ADB sideload method 3:
Alternatively: If you don’t have an SD Card option, use the ADB sideload method.
- Reboot device back into the stock recovery mode. Follow the steps from above.
- Connect S9 to PC. Now open a command prompt or terminal window on your PC where the OTA update zip is present. To do so, type cmd in address bar and hit Enter key.
- From your phone’s recovery, select “Apply updates from ADB”.
- Navigate to the location where you have placed the OTA file on your PC. It’s time to flash the OTA by issuing the following command. (Note that you type the exact name with its proper extension.)
adb sideload update.zip
Note: Here it will be adb sideload update.zip Put the exact file name in the <filename> section without “<>” and proper extension.
- Approve the update and wait till the upgrade completes.
- Reboot device to system.
Note: While, on Mac OS, you can issue “./adb sideload <filename>.zip” command or on Linux type “sudo adb sideload <filename>.zip” to flash the OTA. Check out the complete tutorial from here.
You may also need to know how to restore Samsung Galaxy devices back to stock Android 9 Pie. We will also list Android 10 for Snapdragon Galaxy S9 variants in the Unites States (USA). So stay tuned!