Apparently, Samsung is done with the One UI beta testing program and is now rolling out official stable Android 9.0 Pie firmware update to the latest flagship phones. The latest OTA update is live for users enrolled into the One UI beta program as well as the users who are on the stable channel. It features new firmware build numbers G960FXXU2CRLI and G965FXXU2CRLI for the Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus. So here is a tutorial on how to download the latest CRLI stable One UI full stock Odin firmware update for Samsung Galaxy devices.
The latest Android 9.0 Pie update is currently live for the Exynos (global) variant of Galaxy S9 in the European region. Users in Germany and Switzerland have reportedly received the OTA update notification. So go to settings > system updates > and tap on download OTA updates manually. The OTA comes in a package of 1.8 GB in size. However, if you are looking forward to download the full stock firmware for Odin flash tool, then the full package comes for a whopping 4.6 GB TAR file.
The new update features One UI stable, December 2018 security patch, and all the Android 9 Pie goodies including adaptive brightness, adaptive battery, slice, app actions, new swipe navigation system, and much more. We already have One UI beta available for the Snapdragon Note 9, Galaxy S9/S9+, Note 8, Galaxy S8 and S8+.
|Samsung Model||SM-G960F and SM-G965F|
|Device name||Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus|
|Software Version||Android 9.0 Pie|
|Build date||Wed, 19 Dec 2018 16:24:51 +0000|
|Security Patch Level||2018-12-01|
|Product or CSC Code||DBT|
|PDA||G960FXXU2CRLI and G965FXXU2CRLI|
|CSC||G960FOXM2CRLI and G965FOXM2CRLI|
Download Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus stable Android 9 Pie Odin firmware
Currently, Android 9 Pie is available in select regions of Europe like Germany and Switzerland. However, you can download the latest available full stock firmware for all the regions using the following tutorial. The firmware come directly from Samsung servers and does not have any speed limit or do not require any subscription.
Soon the stable One UI will be available for the Snapdragon S9 (SM-G960U/U1) and Snapdragon S9 Plus (SM-G965U/U1) in the United states from carriers like T-Mobile, At&T, Sprint, Verizon, or unlocked variants. Use the same tutorial as Exynos below. Just fill in the details correctly.
Following is the simple procedure to download the full stock firmware update and install it via Odin firmware. For reference we are using German variants.
How to download Odin firmware for Galaxy S9?
- Download and extract the latest Samsung Firmware download tool to PC (Windows). The tutorial has detailed steps for download Samsung Firmware for all.
- Now, note down the model number for your device from Settings > About Phone > Software information. (Here it would be SM-G960F or SM-G965F)
- Also, not down the CSC code or Product code for your specific region. See the list of CSC codes for all of your Samsung device region. Here we have selected DBT (for Germany).
- Now, launch the SamFirm tool with admin rights.
- Input all the details like the model number and CSC code. (See screenshots below)
- Download the latest stock firmware for Galaxy S9.
- Once downloaded, see How to install stock Samsung firmware using Odin tool.
You may also like: