Google Pixel 3 and 3 XL came with a brand new stock camera app with many intriguing features. One of the best features that we were highly anticipating was the Night Sight mode. The Google Camera app has been updated to version 6.1 and we have the Night Sight feature. Soon, developers have started modding and porting the Gcam to various Android devices. Google Camera 6.1 is readily available for download for smartphones running Android 9.0 Pie. Here, we have the same for most of the Samsung Galaxy devices running the new One UI firmware Snapdragon or Exynos variants.
Thanks to developers like Arnova8G2, who have been actively porting the new Gcam mod for Exynos and Snapdragon Samsung Galaxy phones for Android 8.0 Oreo or later. The Google Camera APK listed in the downloads has been tested working on Galaxy S9, S9 Plus, Note 9, Galaxy S8, S8 Plus, and the Note 8. You may also try these on other phones.
Here in this tutorial, download and install Gcam Mod 6.1 from Pixel 3 (XL) for Samsung as normal APK. See how to setup latest Google camera onto Snapdragon or Exynos Galaxy phones running Android 9.0 Pie or 8.0 Oreo. Get features like Night Sight, slow motion, motion picture, portrait mode, HDR+ Enhanced, Lens Blur, AR Core, AR Stickers, etc.
Download Gcam: Google Camera for Samsung Galaxy Snapdragon variants
Here we have the latest Google Camera 6.1 mod ported for Snapdragon variants of the Samsung Galaxy series devices. Now that many of the flagships from Samsung including the Note 9, Galaxy S9/S9+, Note 8, Galaxy S8/S8+ have received One UI based on Android 9 Pie, either officially or unofficially, you can now test out the latest Gcam mod for them.
If you are looking for ward to installing the same on previous devices or the mid range devices like the Samsung Galaxy S7, S7 Edge, Galaxy A series devices, Galaxy J series devices, S6, S6 Edge, Note 5, Note 4, then you may also want to try the previous Google Camera 5.1 available in our previous post here.
- Portrait mode front/back cam
- HDR+ front/back cam
- Photo Sphere
- Lens Blur
- HDR+ Enhanced
- Portrait and HDR portrait
- Front and rear camera on all modes
The working Gcam 6.1 has been created by recognized developers BSG, Arnova, TlnNeun, and many others who have contributed to the development. This new Google Camera port comes with file named:
- Latest Gcam 6.1 MGC_6.1.021_BSG_Arnova-based_v.1.4a_TlnNeun.apk (Tolyan009, 2019-02-28, changelog)
- Gcam 6.1 for Samsung Snapdragon | Download link
- GCam 6.1 for Samsung Snapdragon | Download direct link (Beta)
- GCam 6.1 mod for Samsung Snapdragon | Download direct link | Gdrive Mirror (Stable)
- Latest by Arnova Arnova’s 6.1 – Gcam_6.1.021_Advanced_V1.7.190716.1800.apk
- Gcam 6.2 by Arnova Gcam_6.2.030_Advanced_V2.2.190716.1800-Final.apk (Gcam 6.2)
You may also like:
- Latest Gcam mod 6.2 for Samsung devices
- Full Gcam mod downloads repository
- Google Camera 5.1 available in our previous post here
- New Google camera 6.3
Fix or recommended settings:
- If the camera lags or crashes, go to settings > advanced > FIX > viewfinder format > change it to YUV_420_888.
- viewfinder : YUV_420_888, JPEG
- Image processing : RAW_SENSOR, RAW10
HDR+ enhanced works for Samsung snapdragon:
samsung SM-G9650, samsung, star2qltechn [RAW_SENSOR, JPEG, PRIVATE, YUV_420_888, RAW_PRIVATE, RAW10]
samsung SM-G965W, samsung, star2qltecs [RAW_SENSOR, JPEG, PRIVATE, YUV_420_888, RAW_PRIVATE, RAW10]
Samsung Exynos and Huawei, the raw10 format is deactivated, select the right format for the viewfinder
samsung SM-G960F, samsung, starlte [RAW_SENSOR, JPEG, PRIVATE, YUV_420_888]
HUAWEI MHA-L29, HUAWEI, HWMHA [RAW_SENSOR, JPEG, PRIVATE, YUV_420_888, DEPTH16]
HTC U12+, HTC, htc_imedugl [RAW_SENSOR, JPEG, PRIVATE, YUV_420_888, RAW_PRIVATE, RAW10]
HTC U11, HTC, htc_ocndugl [RAW_SENSOR, JPEG, PRIVATE, YUV_420_888, RAW_PRIVATE, RAW10]
riva [RAW_SENSOR, JPEG, PRIVATE, YUV_420_888, RAW_PRIVATE, RAW10]
OnePlus 6/6T: Everything is working
OnePlus 5/5t : Select for the viewfinder “YUV_420_888” and “Alternative Config” does less lag in the viewfinder for night mode.
OnePlus 3/3t : it is working well.
Mi5 : lag in the viewfinder
Gcam Settings for Snapdragon Samsung devices:
Gcam mod settings for Android Oreo and Snapdragon variants:
Download Gcam: Google Camera 6.1 for Samsung Galaxy Exynos variants
The following Gcam mod has been ported specifically for the Samsung Exynos variants as well as Android phones running on Kirkin processor. For google drive links, download using PC or desktop browser.
- (Latest) GCam 6.1 for Samsung Exynos | Download direct link
- (Beta) Gcam for Exynos or Kirkin Gdrive downloads
- (Stable) GCam 6.1 mod for Samsung Exynos | Download direct link | Gdrive Mirror
If the camera lags or crashes, go to settings > advanced > FIX > viewfinder format > change it to YUV_420_888.
Note: For Samsung Galaxy Exynos variants, the best working is the Google Camera 5.1 available in our previous post here.
Download AR Stickers
How to install Google Camera onto Samsung devices?
As this Google Camera app has been configured for the Samsung Galaxy S7, all you need to do is install the app and use it directly without any settings. Howeevr, do the following first.
- Uninstall any earlier installed Google Camera app version.
- Clean install or clear data when you launch the app for the first time.
- If the settings do not apply correctly, force close it and run the app again.
- If the app hangs during processing a HDR+ or portrait shot, it could be due to memory leak. You may need to restart the phone.
- Also, use Smart Manager app and clear all the cache, RAM, memory, etc.