Update: One UI Beta 2 ZRL6 is now available for download as OTA update zip for the Note 9 Exynos variants. Samsung’s latest One UI Beta program is now live in the Europe and Asia for the Exynos variants of the Galaxy Note 9 SM-N960F. The new firmware is based on official Android 9 Pie and features build number N960FXXU2ZRKQ. Similar update came to the Unlocked Snapdragon variant in the United States. If you are in the regions of Europe (particularly Germany) or Asia (particularly India), then you might as well just sign up for the One UI beta program using the Samsung Members app. Alternatively, if you can’t wait for the OTA rollout and want the Android 9.0 Pie all by yourself, then download the update zip from below and sideload it using stock recovery.
Android 9.0 Pie update is liked by most of the One UI beta testers for its revamped user interface optimized for one hand operations. Samsung stock apps have been updated too including Samsung messages, camera, Always-on-display, keyboard, and much more. The full changelog has been listed below.
What’s new with One UI Beta for Note 9?
- – Content, settings, and other information have been reorganized to keep you focused on the task at hand.
- – Interactive elements have been moved to the bottom of the screen so they’re always within reach.
- – New designs and features such as Night mode help keep your eyes comfortable.
- – You can reply to messages directly in the notification panel.
- – Image thumbnails are included in message notifications.
- – In an app’s notification settings, tap once to turn on or off all the notifications in a category.
- – New Unicode 11.0 emojis are available.
- New adaptive theme changes your keyboard look based on the colors of the surrounding app. – Floating keyboard is available in all apps and has new size and transparency settings.
- – You can set a custom touch and hold delay.
Device Care (formerly Device Maintenance)
- – Performance modes are streamlined and integrated into Power saving modes.
- – The Device Maintenance edge panel is discontinued.
Always On Display
- – New clock styles have been added, including the option to show a calendar with your schedule.
- – Charging information has been added to let you know how much time is remaining until fully charged.
- – Menus have been reorganized to make settings easier to find.
- – Continue using your phone while DeX is being displayed on a monitor or TV.
- – Use Samsung DeX with supported HDMI adapters. No need for a DeX Station.
- – Search is improved, and you can now search within apps.
- – You can now sort your call history by incoming and outgoing calls. – Your call history can include up to 2000 entries (increased from 500).
- – The new drawer makes it easier to manage contacts from various accounts.
- – The added Scene optimizer automatically enhances the camera’s color settings to fit the scene.
- – Photo Editor PRO’s editing tools have been added to Gallery, so you can make all your edits and touchups without leaving the app.
- – The new Storage analysis tool has been added to help you monitor your storage usage and save space.
- – You can now show or hide items on the My Files Home screen.
- – Your daily step count will be shown in the notification panel. To hide it, press and hold the notification, then turn off Current steps.
Download One UI Beta 2 ZRL6 OTA update for Exynos Note 9 SM-N960F
Here we have listed the update.zip file for Exynos Note 9 Android 9 Pie official beta. For update, your device need to be running on the previous ARK2 stock firmware based on Android Oreo by flashing full stock firmware via Odin. Once done, flash the Beta 1 OTA zip and later the Beta 2 zip.
Beta 1 ZRKQ:
- Unlocked Note 9 SM-N960F Android Pie
- Download SS-N960FXXS2ARK2-to-ZRKQ-UP OTA (Mega)
Beta 1 ZRL6:
- Note 9 SM-N960F Android 9 Pie
- Download SS-N960FXXS2ZRKQ-to-ZRL6-UP OTA (Mega)
- Gdrive mirror 1 | Gdrive mirror 2
You may also need:
- Galaxy Note 9 : N960FXXS2ARK2 Odin firmware (Mirror by updato)
- Patched Odin3_v3.13.1_3B_PatcheD
- OR Latest Odin flashing tool v3.13.1 file
See how to install OTA update from our previous tutorial on:
Thanks to Matrix_Usman and geri005 at XDA forums for the update zip.