Table of Contents
ARCore, also called Augmented Reality, is Google’s new project in continuation of the Project Tango. According to Google, ARCore is a platform for building augmented reality apps on Android. The concept is very similar to the Animoji developed by Apple for its iPhone X found in the latest iOS 11. Animoji is where the emojis come to life. However, the ARCore is much more than just animated Emojis. In combination with the new AR Stickers you can put a live augmented reality object in the middle of the room or environment. It can then be played with seen through your Google camera app.
The ARCore focuses on 3 ingredients for the virtual content with the real world. The first is Motion tracking, Environmental understanding, and Light estimation allows the phone to estimate the environment’s current lighting conditions. AR Stickers can be anything from a birthday cake, a bird, R2D2 from Star Wars, etc. They are the supporting ornaments to the ARCore. The app consists of the Augmented Reality supported stickers such as the ones listed in the screenshots below.
Unfortunately, the ARCore is only restricted to the Google Camera from the Pixel phones. However, on the bright side, the GCam has been ported to several Android devices. You an also take a glimpse of the new AR using the Google Lens app or the lens option found in the Photos app.
Moreover, the ARCore can only be supported on a limited number of devices which support the ARCore hardware.
Download ARCore and AR Stickers APK
Use one of the download links to get the ARCore and AR Stickers APK. You will need both. We have posted the best working APK available.
Google’s AR core APK on Play Store:
- Download AR Core APK Github (APK mirror)
- Download AR Stickers APK (Mirror1)
- AR Stickers version 2
- AR Stickers Version 3
How to install ARCore and AR Stickers on any Android device?
- First, you will need the latest Google Camera (GCam) from the Pixel device.
- Download and install the Gcam APK compatible with your Android device.
- Make sure the Google Camera app is working.
- Download and install AR Core APK.
- Download and install AR Stickers APK.
- Force close Gcam app and re-open it.
- Swipe from left to right and select the AR Stickers option.
- Start using the augmented reality from Google.