Samsung is now rolling out the official Android 8.0 Oreo firmware update for some of its stunning Galaxy series smartphones. These devices include the Galaxy S8 or S8+, Note 8, and the Galaxy S9 or S9+ comes with Oreo out of the box. The manufacturer has now started rolling out the Samsung Experience 9.0 based Oreo firmware update for the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge in the regions of USA. Carriers like AT&T have already rolled out Oreo update for the S7. Now, its is time for the Verizon carrier.
Today, the official page of Verizon Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge displayed the latest Android 8.0 Oreo OTA update for the SM-G930V and the SM-G935V. This comes with a new firmware build number G930VVRS4BRC3 and G935VVRS4BRC3 respectively. Moreover, it features the latest April 2018 Android Security Patch. As it is Oreo, it sports the latest Samsung Experience 9.0 (SE 9.0); formerly known as TouchWiz.
With the Oreo OS, Verizon claims it to be smarter, faster, more powerful than ever. It also features background limits that helps minimize background activity in the apps. Autofill will remember your usernames and passwords and fill them up automatically for each app or website. Not to forget the exclusive Picture-in-Picture mode of the Oreo update.
Download Verizon Galaxy S7 (Edge) to Android 8.0 Oreo update
NRD90M.G935VVRS4BRC3 is not available just yet. Although the Verizon support page states that the BRC3 update is being rolled out with Oreo OS, it is actually just the April 2018 Security Patch. You can visit our tutorial on how to download stock firmware directly from Samsung Servers for your Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge devices.
See how to download latest available full stock Odin firmware.
- Download and extract SamFirm tool to PC.
- Find out the model number for your device under Settings > About Phone > Software information.
- Find out the CSC code or Product code for your specific region.
- Run the SamFirm tool and input the model number and CSC code.
- Download the latest stock firmware for Verizon Galaxy S7.
- Read: How to install using Odin tool?
Alternatively, there are ways to update the Verizon S7 to Oreo. You can download the AT&T Galaxy S7 Oreo firmware and install it on the Verizon device.
- Download the latest AT&T Galaxy S7 Android 7.0 Nougat firmware Download G930AUCS4BRA1.
- Install the BRA1 firmware using the Prince Comey Odin (tutorial for flashing AT&T firmware)
- Download one of the Oreo OTA update from below. CRD6 is the latest one.
You may also like updated OTA links:
- Transfer all the Oreo OTA update file to device storage internal or SD card.
- Reboot S7 into stock recovery mode.
- Now choose the option “Install update.zip from SD card”
- Let the installation begin.
- Once done, reboot to system and enjoy Oreo.