Update: New Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge Oreo OTA updates are now available for download for the AT&T Snapdragon variants. See how to download and install the new firmware build numbers SS-G930AUCU4CRC1 and G935AUCU4CRC1. Samsung’s flagships phones are now officially out of Oreo Beta Program and receiving the official Android 8.0 firmware update. The Samsung Experience 9.0 firmware is now rolling out for the Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus international variants across the globe. Soon after the stable version as released, Oreo OTA started hitting other Samsung devices as well. This includes the Note 8 and the Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge. Following the Exynos S7 variants, we are now seeing Android 8.0 Oreo for Snapdragon variants as well.
Although the manufacturer may have briefly halted the official stable Oreo update for the flagships, its predecessors are now receiving Android 8.0 Oreo builds. If you have been following us lately, then you may know that there is a leaked Oreo build available for the Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge. Developers have successfully compiled the leaked Samsung Experience 9.0 build and made a TWRP flashable ROM for the same. So the Exynos variants of S7 Edge users can update their devices to Android 8.0 OS.
Now, the Snapdragon variants of Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge with model numbers SM-G930A and SM-G935A can also enjoy the Android 8.0 Oreo update. AT&T stores the next (or unreleased) OTA updates onto their servers. Users of the S7 device have captured the unreleased Oreo OTA builds from AT&T and made them public. The next Oreo OTA builds bring Baseband versions G930AUCU4CRB5 and G935AUCU4CRB5 respectively. So download and install the OTA from below.
Download AT&T Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge Oreo OTA (Samsung Experience 9.0)
The following OTA updates have been captured officially from the AT&T servers. Remember that these are only for the AT&T Galaxy S7 and AT&T S7 Edge variants. It may not work with other devices.
Update: New CRC1 Oreo OTA is now available for download for the stunning Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge.
- Galaxy S7 Oreo OTA | Download SS-G930AUCS4BRA1-to-U4CRC1-UP
- Galaxy S7 Edge Oreo OTA | Download SS-G935AUCS4BRA1-to-U4CRC1-UP
Older Oreo versions:
- Galaxy S7 Oreo OTA | Download SS-G930AUCS4BRA1-to-U4CRB5-UP
- Galaxy S7 Edge Oreo OTA | Download SS-G935AUCS4BRA1-to-U4CRB5-UP
These are OTA update. You can either flash them using ADB sideload method or using the stock recovery method. Both will work.
As seen in the screenshot, the software version is Android 8.0 based on Samsung Experience 9.0 and features the January 2018 security patch.
How to update AT&T Galaxy S7/S7 Edge to Samsung Experience 9.0 Oreo?
- Make sure your device is running the latest Nougat firmware update G930AUCS4BRA1 for S7 and G935AUCS4BRA1 for S7 Edge.
- Download and install the latest firmware from this tutorial and install via latest Odin.
- Next, download the latest Oreo OTA updates from above.
- Transfer all the files to device storage internal or SD card.
- Reboot S7 into stock recovery mode.
- Now choose the option “Install update.zip from SD card”
- Let the installation begin.
- Once done, reboot to system and enjoy Oreo.
Alternative method: How to install OTA updates using ADB sideload method?
That’s it. Let us know how the update works for you in the comments section below.