Following the AT&T, Verizon, and the global variants of the Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge devices, it is time for the Sprint carrier to release official Oreo update. This comes with new firmware build numbers (Baseband versions) G930PVPU6CRE7 and G935PVPU6CRE7 for S7 SM-G930P and S7 Edge SM-G935P respectively. The OTA is currently live on Sprint servers across the United States and outside US as well.
This update features newer May 2018 Android Security Patch. The firmware is based on latest Samsung Experience 9.0 interface (formerly known as TouchWiz). You get all the Oreo goodies and features as well. In order to make your device even more powerful, install Good Lock 2018; exclusively for Android 8.0.
There are multiple ways to update Sprint S7 and S7 Edge to Android 8.0 Oreo. To download OTA update, go to Settings > System Updates > Download OTA update manually. Alternatively, you can upgrade Sprint S7 using Odin firmware method below.
How to download Sprint Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge Android 8.0 Oreo Update?
Flashing the full stock via latest Odin firmware is one way to update your Samsung devices. For that, you will first need to download the latest Oreo firmware file.
However, the G930PVPU6CRE7 and G935PVPU6CRE7 files may not be available right away as it is quite early. So you may need to wait a bit. But you can still try and see if Oreo is available. See the instructions.
- Download and extract the latest SamFirm tool to PC.
- Find out the model number for your device under Settings > About Phone > Software information. (Here it would be SM-G930P or SM-G935P)
- Find out the CSC code or Product code for your specific region. Here, the code would be
- Run the SamFirm tool and input the model number and CSC code.
- Download the latest stock firmware for Sprint Galaxy S7.
- See How to install stock Samsung firmware using Odin tool?
Alternatively, you can also download the (unofficial) AT&T Galaxy S7 Oreo firmware and install it on your device.