Looks like Samsung’s OneUI 2.0 beta program may have been delay a bit. Samsung’s Android 10 beta program was supposed to roll out yesterday October 10, 2019. Due to some bugs the program may have been extended to mid-October, that is, the 15th of this month. However, here we have the first look of the stunning OneUI 2.0 beta firmware based on Android 10 update available for the Galaxy S10+. Although, OTA download links aren’t available as of yet, we do have the complete changelog, feature list, build number, software version, and a complete hands-on video for the same.
The latest Android 10 beta update for Samsung Galaxy S10 series features a new build number G970FXXU3ZSJ6 for the Galaxy S10e (SM-G970F), build G973FXXU3ZSJ6 for the S10 (SM-G973F), and G975FXXU3ZSJ6 for the Galaxy S10+ (SM-G975F). This is for the international variant of the Galaxy S10 smartphones. Most importantly, the update features all the Android 10 goodies including enhanced location permissions, new privacy tools, live caption, smart reply, sound amplifier, gesture navigation, dark mode, privacy controls, location controls, focus mode, family link, latest security updates, and more.
Of course, you will also find the One UI 2.0 specific features including full screen gestures, updated one-handed mode, new media and devices , updated Biometrics, brand new Battery usage graph, Digital Wellbeing, preloaded Android Auto, removal of Android Beam, and much more. You will also find new and updated Samsung stock apps like Samsung Internet, Camera, Contacts, Calendar, Reminder, My Files, Calculator, Gallery, etc.
One UI 2.0 beta program will soon roll out for Galaxy S10e, Galaxy S10, and Galaxy S10 Plus in the regions of South Korea, EU (Germany), and the United States of America (USA) for various carriers like T-Mobile and Sprint. Meanwhile checkout the complete changelog from below. Thanks to PhoneArena.
OneUI 2.0 features for Samsung Galaxy S10’s Android 10 update
Software update information
- Version: G975FXXU3ZSJ6/ G975FOXM3ZSJ6/G975FXXU3ZSJ6
- Size: 1899.55 MB
- Security patch level: October 1, 2019
One UI 2 upgrade with Android 10 brings exciting new features from Samsung and Google based on feedback from users like you. Some apps, including Calculator, Samsung Internet, Samsung Health and Samsung Notes, need to be updated individually after you update your OS.
Full screen gestures
- Added new navigation gestures.
- New ways to access One-handed mode: double tap the Home button or swipe down in the centre of the bottom of the screen.
- Settings moved to Settings > Advanced features > One-handed mode.
Media and devices
- Replaced the SmartThings panel with Media and Devices.
- Media: Control music and videos playing on your phone as well as other devices.
- Devices: Check and control your SmartThings devices directly from the quick panel.
- Enhanced security according to Android 10 policies.
- You may need to enter your PIN, pattern, or password more often than before.
- Improved usability on the Lock screen and for authenticating in apps.
- Added options for showing the fingerprint icon when the screen is off.
- You can choose to show it always, never, or only when Always On Display is shown.
- The battery usage graph now provides more detailed information.
- You can remove duplicate images from your phone to free up storage space.
- Added battery limit setting and other enhancements for Wireless PowerShare.
- Set goals to keep your phone usage in check.
- Use Focus mode to help avoid distractions from your phone.
- Keep an eye on your kids’ activity with new parental controls.
- Customize the quick menu to get instant access to the features you use the most.
- Get more information from the app bar.
- Use Video assistant to enhance your experience with web videos.
- Install add-ons from the Galaxy Store to get even more features.
- Added the Trash feature for Contacts.
- Contacts that you delete will stay in Trash for 15 days before being deleted forever.
- Priority options are now provided for event alerts.
- Stickers can be added to a date without creating an event.
- More options are available for repeating reminders.
- Set location-based reminders for a specific period of time.
- Share reminders with your family group and other sharing groups.
- Set reminders for a specific date without an alert.
- Created a Trash feature so you can restore ifles if you delete something by mistake.
- Added more filters that you can use while searching to help you find things quickly.
- You can now copy or move multiple files and folders to different destinations at the same time.
- Added speed and time units to the unit converter.
- Android Auto is now preloaded.
- Added tips to help you get the most from your Galaxy.
- Removed Android Beam feature.
Here is the hands-on video of Samsung’s OneUI Beta 2 by PhoneArena: