Given the popularity of Lineage custom ROM, the developers are always busy tweaking it for various devices. Now thanks to deadman96385, as LineageOS 14.1 for Mi A1 becomes available for the users. It is as usual based on stock Android 7.1.2 Nougat. This is an alpha build of the customized OS. So, expect errors and semi-working features. A renewed build is expected soon with all the features working as they should.
Now some of our more tech-savvy followers might question how this became possible as Xiaomi is yet to release the official kernel sources. Well, the dev team ported the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 kernel which has hardware similarities with Mi A1. This enables a bootable ROM and allows the developer to customize it.
Recently, the official Lineage released a changelog confirming new LineageOS 15.1 build based on Android 8.1 Oreo is coming soon.
Here are the features that are working just fine with LineageOS 14. 1 for Mi A1.
- Mobile Data
- In-call audio
Being on alpha build level, most of the other features are still under development.These are soon expected to work fine when the subsequent build is released.
- All other extensions of audio
Download Custom ROM
The download link for the OS is given below.
- LineageOS 14.1 for Xiaomi Mi A1 | Download | Zip file
- Custom TWRP Recovery | Download
- Addon SU | Download
You may also like,
How To Install LineageOS 14.1 for Mi A1?
Before getting towards flashing, follow the below points carefully
- Unlock the device bootloader before flashing any custom OS
- Make sure to flash the custom TWRP if you will install Lineage first time on Mi A1
- Since this ROM is in its alpha build it might display error/bugs
- Take full Nandroid backup of your device data
- Have your device battery fully charged before installation
- AndroidSage won’t be responsible if your device gets damaged during flashing.
Now let’s see the steps to install the ROM.
Steps of Installation
Step-1 Download the ROM and GApps from the above links.
Step-2 Transfer them from PC to your device storage.
Step-3 Install the custom TWRP on your device
Step-4 Then reboot to TWRP.
Step-5 Perform a full wipe of the data partition.
Step-6 Flash the LineageOS ROM.
Step-7 Finally reboot the device to finish.
Note:– Don’t flash GApps separately, it’s included already.
So, carefully follow the steps, install and enjoy the lineage ROM on your Mi A1. Keep an eye out for newer builds with updated features that may drop soon.
Stay tuned to AndroidSage for all latest updates and downloads regarding LineageOS.