The popular Lineage OS ROM just got updated to Android 12.1 with build version 19.1. This brings all the Android 12 and 12.1 goodies introduced by Google in last year’s I/O 2021. While we wait for the Android 13 to move to stable from the developer preview, Android 12 development just got interesting with the entry of the most popular and sought-after custom ROM for Android called Lineage OS 19.1.
Lineage OS 19.1 build brings the latest Android 12.1 and Android 12L support. For those confused, Android 12.1 was released with the March 2022 Feature Drop for Pixel phone. This is a minor upgrade from the original Android 12. You can check out all the Android 12 and Android 12.1 Release Notes here. Whereas, Android 12L is a separate branch of Android 12 designed for larger screens like tablets and foldable. In this blogpost, Google explains all the details of the Android 12L and how it works.
According to the official Lineage OS 19 Changelog, the latest update is based on Android 12.1 (android-12.1.0_r4) and comes with all the features and goodies including Material You – a new wallpaper-based theme engine.
With Material You, you’ll be able to completely personalize your phone with a custom color palette and redesigned widgets. With a feature called call color extraction, the system will automatically determine which accent colors to apply across the entire OS: based on the wallpaper you have applied. This includes the notification shade, the lock screen, the volume controls, new widgets, and much more.
Check out the Material You in action in the video below:
Upon installation, Lineage OS 19.1 will greet you with an entirely new Setup Wizard, with all new Android 12-styled icons, animations, and tons of new configurable pages.
Security patches have been applied from March 2021 to April 2022 and have been merged to LineageOS 16.0 through 19. Qualcomm’s Snapdragon Camera has been dropped, and devices that used it previously will now use Camera2.
The size of the Lineage OS 19.1 ROM has also increased by about 200 MB, getting it to 763.54 MB as compared to the previous Lineage OS 18.1 which weighed about 557.97 MB in size.
Lineage OS 19.1 iterates all the features from Android 12, 12.1, and also 12L. You can enjoy the likes of custom ROM on your smartphone by downloading and installing the latest Lineage OS 19.1 ROM featuring Android 12.1.
Lineage OS 19.1 Features and Changelog
- Security patches from March 2021 to April 2022 have been merged to LineageOS 16.0 through 19.
- 19 builds are currently based on the android-12.1.0_r4 tag, which is the Pixel 6 series tag.
- WebView has been updated to Chromium 100.0.4896.58.
- We have completely redone the volume panel introduced in Android 12, and instead made it a side pop-out expanding panel.
- Our fork of the AOSP Gallery app has seen a large number of fixes and improvements.
- Our Updater app has seen a large number of bug-fixes and improvements.
- Our web browser, Jelly has seen a number of bug fixes and improvements!
- We have contributed a number of changes and improvements back upstream to the FOSS Etar calendar app we integrated some time back!
- We have contributed a number of changes and improvements back upstream to the Seedvault backup app.
- Our Recorder app has seen numerous bug fixes, improvements, and features added.
- Android TV builds now ship with an ad-free Android TV launcher, unlike Google’s ad-enabled launcher.
- Android TV builds now ship with a key-handler that enables us to support custom-keys on a wide-array of bluetooth and IR remotes.
adb_rootservice is no longer tied to the build type property.
- Our extract utilities now support extracting from most types of factory images/packed OTA images, simplifying device-bring up and blob-extraction greatly.
- Support for high-touch polling rate has been added to our SDK, allowing it to be enabled on supported devices.
- The AOSP Clang toolchain is now the default toolchain we use to compile our kernels.
- Qualcomm’s Snapdragon Camera has been dropped, and devices that used it previously will now use Camera2.
- Dark mode is now enabled by default.
- We have an entirely new Setup Wizard, with all new Android 12 styled icons, animations, and ton of new configurable pages!
- We have a brand new set of icons for almost all apps, even system ones!
- (18.1 too) We have a whole new default wallpaper, and a full set of wallpapers to choose from, check them out! These wallpapers are designed with Android 12’s Monet theming features in mind, so go try them out and see what accent color you like best!
- (18.1 too) Wi-Fi display is available for all devices which choose to opt-in, via either the Qualcomm proprietary interface or the newly restored legacy Miracast interface!
- (18.1 too) We now support custom charging sounds for different types of charging, cabled or wireless.
Download Lineage OS 19.1 for your Android device
Lineage OS 19 comes to about 41 Android devices on the first day of release with more to come! So stay tuned and download the latest build below. The devices include all Google Pixel 2 (XL), 3 (XL), 4 (XL), 5 (XL), 4a, and 5a. As for the non-Pixel devices Lineage OS 19.1 is now available for OnePlus 6, 6T, Moto G6, G7, Razer Phone 2, Xiaomi Poco F1, Samsung Galaxy S5, Sony Xperia 10, and more.
- Moto E5 Plus (XT1924-3/9)ahannah
- Moto Z3 Playbeckham
- Moto G5cedric
- Moto G7 Playchannel
- Moto One Powerchef
- Moto G6 Plusevert
- Moto E5 Plus (XT1924-6/7/8)hannah
- Moto One Visionkane
- Moto G 5Gkiev
- Moto G7 Pluslake
- Moto G5Smontana
- Moto G 5G Plusnairo
- Moto Z2 Forcenash
- Edge S / Moto G100nio
- Moto G7 Powerocean
- Moto X4payton
- Motorola Edgeracer
- Moto E5 Plus (XT1924-1/2/4/5)rhannah
- Moto G7river
- Moto One Actiontroika
- Moto X 2014victara
- Galaxy A5 (2017)a5y17lte
- Galaxy A7 (2017)a7y17lte
- Galaxy S10ebeyond0lte
- Galaxy S10beyond1lte
- Galaxy S10+beyond2lte
- Galaxy S10 5Gbeyondx
- Galaxy Note10d1
- Galaxy Note10+d2s
- Galaxy Note10+ 5Gd2x
- Galaxy Tab S6 Lite (LTE)gta4xl
- Galaxy Tab S6 Lite (Wi-Fi)gta4xlwifi
- Galaxy Tab S5e (LTE)gts4lv
- Galaxy Tab S5e (Wi-Fi)gts4lvwifi
- Galaxy Note 3 LTE (N9005/P)hlte
- Galaxy Note 3 LTE (N9008V)hltechn
- Galaxy Note 3 LTE (N900K/L/S)hltekor
- Galaxy Note 3 LTE (N900T/V/W8)hltetmo
- Galaxy S4 Active (GT-I9295)jactivelte
- Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337)jflteatt
- Galaxy S4 (SCH-R970/C/X,SPH-L720)jfltespr
- Galaxy S4 (SCH-I545)jfltevzw
- Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505,SGH-I337M,SGH-M919)jfltexx
- Galaxy S4 Value Edition (GT-I9515/L)jfvelte
- Galaxy S5 LTE (G900F/M/R4/R7/T/V/W8)klte
- Galaxy S5 Active (G870F)klteactivexx
- Galaxy S5 LTE (G900AZ/S902L)klteaio
- Galaxy S5 LTE (G9006V/8V)kltechn
- Galaxy S5 LTE Duos (G9006W/8W)kltechnduo
- Galaxy S5 LTE Duos (G900FD/MD)klteduos
- Galaxy S5 LTE (G900I/P)kltedv
- Galaxy S5 LTE (SC-04F/SCL23)kltekdi
- Galaxy S5 LTE (G900K/L/S)kltekor
- Galaxy M20m20lte
- Galaxy S III Neo (Dual SIM)s3ve3gds
- Galaxy S III Neo (Samsung Camera)s3ve3gjv
- Galaxy S III Neo (Sony Camera)s3ve3gxx
- POCO F3 / Redmi K40 / Mi 11Xalioth
- Mi 10T / Mi 10T Pro / Redmi K30S Ultraapollon
- Poco F1beryllium
- Mi MIX 2chiron
- Mi 8dipper
- Mi 10T Lite / Mi 10i / Redmi Note 9 Pro 5Ggauguin
- Mi 5gemini
- Redmi Note 8 / 8Tginkgo
- Mi A2jasmine_sprout
- Mi Note 3jason
- Redmi Note 7lavender
- Mi MIXlithium
- POCO F2 Pro / Redmi K30 Pro / Redmi K30 Pro Zoom Editionlmi
- POCO M2 Pro / Redmi Note 9S / Redmi Note 9 Pro / Redmi Note 9 Pro Maxmiatoll
- Mi 10 Lite 5Gmonet
- Mi 5s Plusnatrium
- Redmi 7onclite
- Mi 8 Liteplatina
- Mi MIX 2Spolaris
- Mi 6sagit
- Mi Note 2scorpio
- POCO X3 NFCsurya
- Mi A1tissot
- Redmi Note 6 Protwolip
- POCO X3 Provayu
- Mi 6Xwayne
- Redmi Note 5 Prowhyred
Download Lineage Recovery or TWRP recovery
It is recommended to download and install Lineage Recovery, found right next to the Lineage OS 19.1 ROM. Alternatively, you can also flash the popular custom TWRP Recovery with Android 12 support from below. Download the TWRP from below and flash Lineage OS 19.1 using it.
- Download and install Lineage Recovery (choose your device and recovery)
- Download and Install TWRP Recovery 3.5. on Android devices
- Download latest TWRP recovery (post link)
Gapps for Lineage OS 19.1 (Android 12.1)
Gapps or Google Apps are very important if you like to have Play Services and Play Store to download Gmail, YouTube, Chrome, Google Search, etc. Either flash the Gapps zip or install the Google Apps Installer APK.
- Download MindTheGapps 12.1 for Lineage OS 19.1
- Gapps for Android 12.1 or 12L (AndroidFileHost Mirror)
Latest Magisk v24.3 to Root Lineage OS 19.1 (Android 12.1 Root)
If you want to root Lineage OS 19.1 ROM, the best way is to install Magisk. Magisk 24+ comes in an APK format. Once you boot into Lineage OS, install Magisk APK and follow the instructions.
- Latest Magisk 24.3 APK Download (Post link)
How to Install Lineage OS 19.1 on any Android device?
You can follow the Lineage OS official tutorial here. We have used TWRP instructions below. The Lineage Recovery instructions should be similar.
Note: Some devices may need the boot images to be flashed before Lineage ROM.
Warning: We won’t be responsible for any damage or bricked devices.
- Make sure you have rooted and setup TWRP recovery on you Android device. (see above)
- Download compatible LineageOS 19 ROM zip, Lineage Recovery img, and latest Magisk APK from above.
- Transfer files into phone storage.
- Reboot your device into Recovery Mode.
- To do so, turn off your phone, press and hold volume down + power or (volume up+ bixby + power buttons)
- Take a full Nandroid backup.
- Go to WIPE menu and press ADVANCED WIPE.
- Select partitions system, vendor, data, cache, dalvik and SWIPE TO WIPE.
- Go back to TWRP menu and press INSTALL.
- You may want to first flash the Lineage Recovery image. (available right next to Lineage OS ROM file)
- Reboot into Lineage Recovery.
- Select NOBLE ROM zip and SWIPE TO CONFIRM FLASH.
- If you see a ‘NO OS INSTALLED’ warning, go back WITHOUT REBOOTING and FLASH THE ROM AGAIN.
- Then REBOOT and enjoy LINEAGE OS 19 ROM!
- You can then flash the Gapps and Magisk.
Join our Telegram Channel.