Pixel Experience ROM is another popular custom ROM for several Android devices. The concept is simple – to make your Android device as close to Google Pixel phones as possible. This includes the latest user interface, features and apps port such as Pixel apps, Live Wallpapers, Pixel Launcher, icons, fonts, boot animation, and much more. Today, the Pixel Experience ROM is being updated with complete re-based build and Android 8.1 Oreo May 2018 Security Patch. It also brings several new Pixel 2 features, and bug fixes.
With Pixel Experience 8.1 Oreo build, you get the new Android P Beat 2 Gestures option as well. Apart from the Pixel features, it is based on AOSP sources so it doesn’t have any bloatware. With latest Kernel you get better battery life and performance as well. Though Pixel Experience ROM has support for a lot of Android phones, we have only listed the officially available download links below.
There are other ways to get the Pixel features by installing Substratum Theme Engine or Xposed Modules such as Android P-ify, or using Pixel Experience Magisk Manager module. However, for more stability, flashing Pixel Experience ROM is the best way. This way, new updates shall bring some Android P features too. So download and install Google Pixel Experience ROM on any Android device.
Here is a video featuring the latest build of Pixel Experience 8.1 Oreo:
Download Pixel Experience ROM for all compatible Android devices
The Generic build can be used for Project Treble enabled devices. See how to install custom ROMS of Project Treble devices.
What’s new with Pixel Experience 8.1 Oreo ROM?
The Complete ROM has been rebased. It also features May 2018 security patch, also merged the AOSP r_26 sources, built using latest caesium, Kernel upstreamed to .110, added Gestures and other bug fixes.
Most importantly, it has the Gapps pre-installed. So you wouldn’t need to flash Gapps again.
How to install Pixel Experience 8.1 Oreo on any Android device?
- First, make sure your device has an Unlocked Bootloader.
- Also Enabled OEM unlocking and Advanced reboot from Developer Options.
- Make sure your Android device has the latest TWRP installed. Download latest TWRP and see how to root and install latest TWRP recovery.
- Download the Pixel Experience ROM from above. You may also download the latest Magisk v16.4+ zip to gain root access.
- Transfer all the files including the ROM and Magisk zip to phone storage or SD Card.
- Reboot into TWRP recovery.
- Go to backup option and take a full Nandroid backup of all the partitions like system, data, etc.
- Now, go to the wipe option and wipe all the partitions except the internal storage. Or do a factory reset.
- Later, tap on the install option and flash the ROM zip followed by Magisk zip.
- Reboot to system.
Enjoy your latest ROM and Google Pixel ROM.
Subscribe to Newsletters via Email. Follow us on Google News and Join our Telegram Group! Also, support us by donating via PayPal.