Samsung started rolling out Android 8.0 Oreo Beta program last month for its latest flagships – Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus. The registration process started in several areas across the globe including USA, UK, and, Korea. The OTA update comes to some S8 variants like SM-G950U, SM-G950F, SM-G955U, SM-G955F, and much more. We have already posted about Samsung’s Oreo Beta 2 for the Snapdragon variants. Now, its time to update the Galaxy S8 and S8+ Exynos variants in the UK.
Samsung started the rollout of its latest Android 8.0 Oreo Beta 2 ROM. It comes with new firmware build number G950FXXU1ZQK4 and G955FXXU1ZQK4 for the Galaxy S8 and S8+ respectively. We have several TWRP dumps, captured OTA updates, and full Oreo Beta 2 ROM ports available in the download sections below. We have also listed the Samsung Experience 9.0 Beta 2 full update log.
In this tutorial, we are going to show you how to download and install Samsung’s Oreo Beta 2 ROM 1ZQK4 onto your Exynos variants SM-G950F and SM-G955F. There are two methods. The first one is to download the OTA update and restore using the TWRP recovery without losing any data. Alternatively, you can download the TWRP flashable full Beta 2 ROM and flash it via custom recovery.
Samsung Experience 9.0 Oreo Beta 2 changelog:
There are several new features and bug fixes coming to the Samsung’s Oreo Beta 2 version. Some of them new features include a new clock style for the Lock screens and Always on Display. You can now adjust transparency on notifications, Smarter Smart view, etc.
You will also see several bug fixes like Settings app force close, Samsung themes not being applied at times, CPU/RAM management, and much more.
- New clock styles for the Lock screen and Always On Display
- Adjust the transparency of notifications to achieve the look you want
- Smarter Smart View, Lets your phone’s screen go dark when mirroring between your phone and TV
- Setting app force dosed
- Theme is not applied after FOTA update when applying Themes Most apps force closed when resetting app preference in notification settings
- Intermittent app force closed and phone vibration
- Moving icons from app tray to home screen freezes and restarts Touchwfz Messages app force closed whenever user tries to open it
- Samsung keyboard force closes when selecting an emoji
- Bixby promotion section does not load
- Bixby refreshes and then opens and closes when swiping – Fingerprint is not detected correctly in some apps – Sometimes a power reset occurs when receiving a call while connected to a Bluetooth car kit
- Sound error when using Bluetooth
- Unable to turn on Bluetooth occasionally
- Reoccurring audio noise when using earphones
- Increased power consumption after WiFi call termination
- When the lock screen is swiped, black screen appears Force dose occurs when taking and editing screenshots on the Internet
- android.process.media continues to hang
- Incorrect screen ratio while playing game
- Force close occurs during In game screen rotation
- CPU/RAM related performance improvement
You may also like:
- Samsung Galaxy S8+ Oreo Beta 2 for Snapdragon variants
- Enroll for official Samsung Experience 9.0
- Samsung Experience 9.0: Galaxy S8 Oreo for Snapdragon variants
- Samsung Experience 9.0: Galaxy S8 Oreo for Exynos variant.
- Galaxy S8 Oreo apps and features port.
- Android 8.1 Oreo
- Pixel Launcher 3.0
How to update Galaxy S8/S8+ to Android 8.0 Oreo Beta 2 via OTA without losing data?
Here you will find the OTA updates and the full ROM zips of the Samsung Experience 9.0 Oreo Beta 2.
- Make sure your Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ device is rooted with latest TWRP recovery installed.
- Make sure your device is running stock Samsung TouchWiz
- Take a complete Nandroid backup from TWRP of your current ROM to external SD card. We will need this later to restore the data to Oreo Beta 2.
- Once the backup completes, you will see a folder on your external SD card that looks something like this:
<SDcard>/TWRP/BACKUPS/ce04873839487e8383/<the name of the file you just backed up>
- Download this Oreo Beta 2 OTA from above and save it to your External SD CARD.
- Now extract the Beta 2 zip.
- Extract that file you downloaded to the location of the TWRP backup you just created. Something like:
External SD CARD/TWRP/BACKUPS/ce04873839487e8383/<the name of the file you just unzipped>
- You must extract the file you downloaded to this EXACT location.
- Download the latest SuperSU 2.82SR5 and transfer to your external SD Card.
- Reboot into TWRP recovery again.
- This is important! Hit the restore option and then go to your external SD Card and choose the Oreo Beta 2 OTA extract file.
- Reboot TWRP again, once restored, go to wipe and Format Data and then type in yes.
- Reboot to TWRP again and now go to Restore and choose the first file you backed up; which is the ROM. Choose this file and then restore only data to restore.
- From TWRP flash the SuperSU file.
- Reboot to system.
How to fix boot loop and random reboots?
The following trick will let you fix bootloops, random reboots, and Knox related issue.
- Download Root Explorer or any build prop editor program from Playstore and change:
ro.config.tima=1 to ro.config.tima=0
- Change Knox thing to v30 like this:
Download and install Galaxy S8/S8+ Oreo Beta 2 ROM for Exynos variants
Here is the TWRP flashable full ROM zip for the Galaxy S8/S8+. See the instructions below.
Note 1: Before you proceed, make sure your device is running the official Samsung firmware TouchWiz or otherwise. Flash the OTA over the stock firmware and not over any custom ROM.
Note 2: Flash the DM-Verity zip if you need to disable encryption and solve any TWRP issues. Flash it after you have flashed the Oreo ROM. While in stock recovery and wipe everything (resetting variables for dm-verity inside the system boot image), all the 3 options, just do all (for a clean flash).
- Samsung Galaxy S8 Oreo Beta 2 Full ROM
- Galaxy S8 Plus Oreo Beta 2 Full ROM | Not available
- Bug Fixes for Galaxy S8
Downloads for cross-platform development:
Galaxy S8/S8+ Oreo Beta for G95XF/FD/N
- OREO BETA ZQK4 by SoLdieR9312 1.1
- OREO BETA ZQK4 by SoLdieR9312 1.1 – MIRROR 1 [UK]
- OREO BETA ZQK4 by SoLdieR9312 1.1 – MIRROR 2 [UK]
Oreo Beta 2 update instructions via TWRP:
Step 1. Make sure your Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ device is rooted with latest TWRP recovery installed.
Step 2. Download all the Samsung Oreo Beta 2 full ROM or OTA zip, whichever you prefer, from the list above.
Step 3. Transfer all the files including Oreo ROM, DM-Verity, Fix etc. to phone storage or SD Card.
Step 4. Reboot into TWRP recovery.
Step 5. First of all, perform a complete Nandroid backup.
Step 6. Go to Wipe. Then select Format Data and select “yes”. Note that, if it’s an OAT update, then do not wipe data or system, etc.
Step 7. Again, go to Wipe, select Advanced Wipe and wipe partitions like the system, cache, Dalvik cache.
Step 8. Reboot again to TWRP again.
Step 9. From TWRP tap on install and select the Oreo ROM zip. Repeat for the DM-Verity and Bug fixes for S8.
Step 10. Now Reboot directly into Download Mode from the recovery.