Updated to Magisk v14.3 and Magisk Manager 5.4.0. This is really a great news for all android users as Magisk v14.2 and Magisk Manager v5.3.5 is now available for Android. Very Special thanks to XDA developer topjohnwu for releasing the update.
This new update comes with few bug fixes. If you already have Magisk installed, you just have to download the latest version Magisk Manager 5.3.5 APK and after that, you can update to the latest version of magisk inside the App. You may also need to re-toggle Magisk Hide before SafetyNet inquiries are passed. Now Download and Install Magisk v14.2 for Android from the download section below.
Magisk packs with a super powerful Universal Systemless Interface for Android which allow users to modify and tweak their phones systemlessly. It provides users root access without modifying the system partition.With Magisk users can install OTA updates even when the device is Rooted. Magisk in some ways better than SuperSu, it also allows you to use Android Pay with root. Check the below guide to download Latest Magisk v14.2 ( Magisk Manager v5.3.5) on Android right now.
Magisk 14.2 Changelogs:
– [MagicMount] Clone attributes to tmpfs mountpoint, should fix massive module breakage
Magisk Manager v5.3.5:
– Fix error when MagiskManager folder doesn’t exist
– Offload many logic to scripts: script fixes will also be picked up in the app
– Add installing Magisk to second slot on A/B partition devices
– Support file based encryption: store necessary files into DE storage
– Update uninstall method to self remove app and prompt user to manually reboot
Official Support For Google Pixel devices:
Now, Magisk has official support for Google Pixel devices. Pixel devices have unique partitioning and hence a lot of changes were needed in Magisk. Overcoming every such hassle, the official support for Pixel has been released.
First, the kernel has to be patched to boot with initramfs under all circumstances. Then, there is a need to replace the init binary to handle whether boot into recovery or system, construct the rootfs, and mount system properly. Finally, we need to patch the fstab placed in the dtb to remove the dm-verity on vendor. there are a lot more quirks such as file based encryption, A/B partition detection, etc.
The OTA installation guide is here. You can check the guide for OTA installation and tips.
- You need to have a bootloader unlocked device to use magisk
- You must have working TWRP Recovery Installed on your device.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device.
- Before following the guide, take a complete backup of your phone for safer side.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shut down in-between the process.
Download latest Magisk Beta:
Magisk Manager | Magisk-v14.2(1420).zip
Read: How to install Magisk?
That’s it for today’s update of Magisk. Please keep reading Androidsage for more updates.
Source: Magisk 14.3