Table of Contents
These days it’s very hard to tell when your device will get hit by some Android security issue. With the recent Blueborne Vulnerability challenging the Android devices’ security, it’s a safe bet to lace the device with the latest security patch. Be it rolling sooner or little later a security update should always be installed ASAP as the carrier/manufacturer rolls it. Well, with that said US-based tele-carrier T-Mobile is seeding the September 2017 security patch for LG V20.
This update brings the firmware build number NRD90M.H91810q to US variants of T-Mobile LG V20. The update features the latest September 2017 security patch. There are no other specific major updates accompanying as it is just a monthly security update. The update is rolling as an OTA(Over-The-Air) update. It’s rolling in waves and gradually will be available for all devices.
Changelog: September 2017 security patch for T-mobile LG V20
This update does not bring much in terms of updates or any bigger upgrades. It just serves as a monthly security update rollout from T-Mobile. The said update primarily brings the September 2017 security patch for T-mobile LG V20. As a rule of thumb, we can expect basic bug fixes and minor device enhancements to accompany with this update.
Let’s take a quick glance into the latest September 2017 security patch for T-mobile LG V20.
Android Version: Android Nougat 7.0
Build Number: NRD90M
Software Version: H91810q
Security Patch: September 1, 2017
Update Type: OTA Update
Supported Models: T-mobile LG V20
Download September 2017 security patch for T-mobile LG V20
If the update is ready for your device, you will be prompted to download and install it.OTA update may take a few days to be available for all compatible devices.
Also, you can check for it manually on your device by following the steps mentioned below.
- make sure your device has a full battery charge before performing the update.
- Connect your device to a strong Wi-Fi network as the update may be of large size.
Steps To Install the OTA Update
- On your device, Go to Settings > About phone > Update Center.
- Tap System update.
- Then tap on Check for an update.
- If the update is available, follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the update.
Full stock firmware for T-Mobile LG V20
T-Mobile LG V20 H91810q | Download
The above stock firmware is a TWRP flashable zip. It has been modified to leave the custom TWRP recovery intact just so you can flash Magisk or SuperSU and root.
How to flash stock firmware via TWRP and root?
- Make sure you have latest TWRP recovery installed.
- Download H91810q.zip file listed below and transfer it to phone storage.
- Also, download any of the two rooting methods if you want. Choose from either Magisk v14.0+ or SuperSU 2.82+.
- Reboot into TWRP recovery.
- Backup all the partitions from TWRP. Also, internal “SD card”.
- Tap on install and flash the ROM zip from storage.
- Flash any of the two rooting zips.
- Reboot to system.
It is a routine monthly security upgrade for T-Mobile LG V20 and brings no other upgrades as such. Nevertheless, this is a security patch which users should install to stay safe from the on-going Android security exploits. So, make sure to grab the OTA as it rolls for your device. Also stay connected with AndroidSage to get all latest firmware updates for all Android devices.