Update: KDZ for LG V20 H815 now available. Even though LG makes remarkable hardware and camera smartphones, it doesn’t have a good track record in terms on software updates. Plus, a camera isn’t good enough without an optimized camera application. Following the launch of LG G7 ThinQ, the manufacturer has been actively engaged in rolling out Android 8.0 Oreo update for various devices. LG V30, V30+, and LG G6, are all running the latest Oreo update. Starting today, the LG V20 is now being updated to official Android 8.0 OS upgrade across the globe.
The Oreo update for LG V20 was first spotted in Japan with firmware build number L01 J20c. Today, the Korean variants have started receiving similar Android OS upgrade with build number V20c. Here is the changelog for LG V20 Oreo OTA update. (Check source for HD screenshots)
As you can see in the update log above, the latest firmware update comes with a new LG UX 6.0 with new adaptive icons, home screen layout, new and improved settings, app notifications, and much more. Apart from that, it also features all the Oreo goodies such as:
- Picture in picture
- Extended screenshot
- Smart text selection
- GIF creator
- And more…
Here is a video featuring the latest Oreo update for LG V20. Thanks to TheChosen1108 for this video.
Download LG V20 Android 8.0 Oreo OTA and full stock KDZ firmware update
Currently, only the Koreoan variants have received the Oreo OTA update. So we only have the KDZ for LG V20 F800K/L/S
Oreo for Korean variants:
- LG V20 F800K V20C | Download Oreo KDZ | Direct download mirror
- LG V20 F800L V20C | Download Oreo KDZ
- LG V20 F800S V20C | Download Oreo KDZ
Download KDZ stock firmware for LG V20 H91520a
- LG V20 H815 KDZ | Direct Download | Mirror
The Oreo KDZ and OTA updates will soon roll out for the following variants:
- LG V20 H990N (Hong Kong);
- LG V20 H990DS (Global Dual-SIM);
- LG V20 H910 (AT&T);
- LG V20 H918 (T-Mobile);
- LG V20 LS997 (Sprint);
- LG V20 US996 (US Cellular);
- LG V20 VS995 (Verizon);
- LG V20 H990T (Mexico), aka, LG V20 Dual H990DS/H990N with dual-SIM card slots.
How to Update LG V20 to Android 8.0 Oreo?
In order to get the OTA update, for to Settings > Software Updates > and check for OTA updates available for download.
Alternatively, you can also update your LG V20 device using the LG Bridge software. Here is the download for LG Bridge. Install LG Bridge to PC > Connect LG V20 tp PC > Perform a software update.
Ultimately, you can restore LG V20 to complete stock using the KDZ firmware of Android 8.0 Oreo available in the download section. Then install the full KDZ stock firmware using LGUP Flash Tool and Uppercut.
Installation Method 1:
- In order to flash the full LG G6 KDZ stock firmware, you will need the Uppercut and LGUP Flash Tool. It will be enough for
- If you choose this method, all you need to do is launch Uppercut, add the KDZ file to LGUP and simply choose the UPGRADE option.
- DLL for all the variants and firmware are same.
- Now read – Detailed tutorial on how to install LG stock firmware using Uppercut for LGUP.
Installation Method 2:
- While, Uppercut and LGUP will work fine, in case you don’t want to use Uppercut, you will need the LG V20 DLL or Common files for connectivity and seamless flashing method. You will need to get the DLL extracted from the KDZ. Place the DLL files inside
\LG Electronics\LGUP\model\commonfolder. You may need to create common folder if not present. See image below:
Installation Method 3:
- In case you need the developer LGUP version, then you will need both patched DLL and patched LGUP EXE. Simply extract in the LGUP folder and it will work right away. Like in the image below:
Enjoy your Oreo ROM on your LG V20 device.
Subscribe to Newsletters via Email. Follow us on Google News and Join our Telegram Group! Also, support us by donating via PayPal.