Table of Contents
Samsung has been releasing the official Nougat update to various Samsung devices and one of them is the Samsung Galaxy S7 (Edge) and many of its variants like the Sprint (released today), T-Mobile, AT&T, and much more. The AT&T carrier has now updated the AT&T S6 & S6 Edge devices with the Android 7.0 Nougat firmware. The Nougat firmware seems to be in high demand and the OTA links have already been captured for the Samsung S6 variants SM-G920A and SM-G925A directly from the AT&T servers.
This new update brings the firmware build number G920AUCU5EQA8 and G925AUCU5EQA8 to the two devices from previous build G925AUCS5DPK5. The OTA is captured directly from AT&T servers. However, due to the Error 403 on the ATT servers, we need to mirror the files. Check out the OTA links and installation procedure from the download section given below.
Features and screenshots of AT&T Galaxy S6 G920AUCU5EQA8 update:
- OS upgrade to Android 7.0 Nougat
- Newer 2017 security patch level
- Performance enhancement
- Enhanced quick settings
- New Multi-window features
- UI tweaks
How to install the Android 7.0 Nougat on AT&T Galaxy S6 (Edge)?
The following OTA download links are for the AT&T Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge only. Do not try it on any other device. These are not the usual stock firmware files that can be flashed using Odin. These are OTA updates and can be installed using the either stock recovery or the ADB sideload methods, just like we did for the previous AT&T S6 (Edge) Marshmallow firmware.
Download Nougat OTA for Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge
- Galaxy S6 Edge G925A →SS-G925AUCS5DPK5-to-U5EQA8-UP (1.3G)
- Samsung Galaxy S6 G920A → SS-G920AUCS5DPK5-to-U5EQA8-UP (1.4G)
In order to flash the OTA files, either choose stock recovery by selecting apply updates from SD Card or via ADB sideload method. We have listed the easier method which is stock recovery method. For ADB sideload method, see the previous AT&T S6 Marshmallow update procedure listed above. This is an incremental OTA update.
- Install latest device drivers. Get it from the official page of your device manufacturer.
- TURN OFF the Reactivation Lock – Go to Settings > PERSONAL > Lock screen and security > Find My Mobile and log in your Samsung Account. Then uncheck the Turn Reactivation lock on. This is only needed if you already turned-it-ON, from which you cannot modify the system when it’s turned-ON.
- Make sure the firmware on your device is G925AUCS5DPK5 or G920AUCS5DPK5.
- Download the OTA file and transfer it to the phone storage where you can easily locate it.
- Reboot your S6 device into stock recovery. To do so, turn off the phone completely. Now Hold Volume Up + Home + Power until you see a little Android guy.
- Once into recovery, Select Apply update from SD card or External Storage.
- Select the OTA file.
- Reboot to the system after completion.
Check out our previous post on how to update AT&T S7 Edge to Nougat via OTA. Also see, how to restore Galaxy S7 to complete stock Marshmallow.