Table of Contents Hide
Update: The official Android 7.0 Nougat for Galaxy S6 Activedownload links have been updated with latest firmware build number G890AUCU6DQG1. The Samsung Galaxy S6 Active has been around for a while now without any updates. The device manufacturer has now released the official Android 7.0 firmware update via Samsung’s Beta Program. G890AUCU5DQB2 is the new firmware build number which weight around 1.7 GB as a full package. However, in order to upgrade to the latest QB2 version from the previous PK5, all you need is an OTA update file which is now available. The firmware brings most of the Nougat goodies from the new Samsung Experience 8 firmware.
Regardless of where the device is, whether in the United States or not, the OTA update can be installed with or without the AT&T account and even outside the carrier’s location. The procedure is similar to the Marshmallow update for S6 Active that we showed you before.
How to install Samsung Galaxy S6 Active Android 7.0 Nougat OTA G890AUCU6DQG1?
The best way to update Galaxy S6 Active to Nougat are is download the official full stock firmware build G890AUCU6DQF1 v1 and flash via latest Odin tool. Later flash the G890AUCU6DQF1 using the method listed below.
he firmware update G890AUCU6DQF1 is the Android 7.0 Nougat based stable version that Samsung released earlier.
Download the S6 Active SM-G890A OTA updates
- v1 Galaxy S6 Active 7.0 Nougat – G890AUCU6DQF1 at Mega.nz
- v1 Galaxy S6 Active 7.0 Nougat – G890AUCU6DQF1 at Google Drive
If you need the first Nougat build for some reason, here are the download links:
Nougat OTA updates
The following links will direct you to the OTA downloads for the Galaxy S6 Active from Mega app. The OTA has been captured by S6 Active users and can be installed via stock recovery or ADB sideload method.
- v0.1 (G890AUCU6DQD1) to v17 (G890AUCU6DQE1) update file (15.6 MB) ->(Alternative Link)
- v1 (G890AUCU6DQE1) to v18 (G890AUCU6DQF1) update file (16.2 MB)->(Alternative Link)
- v2 (G890AUCU6DQF1) to v19 (G890AUCU6DQG1) update file (23.2 MB)->(Alternative Link)
Nougat Beta OTA (Previous links dead):
- v1 (G890AUCU5CPI2) to v12 (G890AUCU5CPK3) update file (294 MB)
- v2 (G890AUCS5CPI4) to v12 (G890AUCU5CPK3) update file (301 MB)
- v3 (G890AUCU5CPK3) to v13 (G890AUCS5CPK4) update file (13.5 MB)
- v4 (G890AUCS5CPK4) to v14 (G890AUCS5CPK5) update file (21.5 MB)
- v5 (G890AUCS5CPK4) to vNougatBeta2 (G890AUCU5DQB2) update file (1.27 GB)
- v5 (G890AUCS5CPK5) to vNougatBeta2 (G890AUCU5DQB2) update file (1.27 GB)
How to update?
Step 1: Flash the full stock firmware version G890AUCU6DQF1 which is v1 via Odin. See: How to restore S6 device to stock firmware?
Step 2: Flash latest OTA update G890AUCU6DQG1 via ADB sideload.
See our detailed tutorial on how to install OTA updates on Samsung using stock recovery. Alternatively, view the ADB sideload method to install from the previous Marshmallow firmware update for S6 Active.
Before you proceed and head over to the installation instructions, remember that the links are incremental OTA updates and need to be installed gradually. First, check which firmware your current device is running on. If it is one of the above-listed firmware versions then flash the immediate next OTA update. So first flash v1, v2, v3, v4 and ultimately the v5 which is the Nougat update.
Just in case anything goes wrong, simply download and install the full stock firmware for Galaxy S6 Active and restore the device. Download the full stock Marshmallow for S6 Active from here G890A_G890AUCU5CPK3_ATT_USA_v6.0.1.rar (1.8 GB). Also, see how to restore Samsung device via Odin software.