Vernee is a new entry into the Android community and has been gaining quite some attention lately. The China-based company has been working hard ever since they launched their first Vernee device named Thor. The device is now the first MTK device from the company to receive the latest Android 7.0 Nougat firmware update. The devices are known for their low cost and high-end specifications. The Thor specifically comes with a 64 Bit Octa-Core processor supported by 3 GB of LPDDR3 RAM.
Although MediaTek SoC, the devices perform well and with a newer and optimized Nougat update, the device can touch new grounds. Not much is know about the stability or what security patch the firmware is based on. Vernee has kept the promise and today rolled out a new OTA update to all its products.
In April 2016, Vernee rolled out 6 OTA updates for this model. Today, Vernee twitter account confirmed that Android 7.0 is coming to Thor.
Download and install Vernee Thor Nougat OTA update
- Vernee Thor OTA update → Mega app Download [Mirror] | File: full_k06td_a-ota-1475931071.zip [1.05 GB]
While migrating from Android 6.0 Marshmallow to Android 7.0 Nougat, backup your personal data and after the update, factory reset the phone.
How to update Vernee Thor to Android 7.0 Nougat via OTA update?
- Download the ROM and transfer it to phone’s internal storage.
- Go to Settings>About Phone>wireless update.
- Tap the options icon at the top right corner, and choose “Local updates”.
- Choose from “internal storage”, locate the ROM file and confirm.
- Tap on “install now”.
- Follow the instructions and reboot the device.