Table of Contents Hide
- Huawei P9 Lite Android 7.0 Nougat Beta firmware downloads:
- Huawei P9 Lite Android 7.0 Nougat EMUI 5.0 screenshots
- How to Install Huawei P9 Lite Android 7.0 Nougat Beta EMUI 5.0 build?
Huawei has been rolling out the EMUI 5.0 firmware update based on Android 7.0 Nougat for some of its current and former flagship phones including the Honor 8 and Huawei P9. Now, the manufacturer has released a similar update to the Huawei P9 Lite as well. Although the Nougat update is a Beta firmware build, it has a lot of attention among P9 Lite users. It comes with a revamped UX, new notification features, bundled notifications, new Doze Mode, and of course the Android version 7.0 as well.
We have seen similar beta firmware for Honor 8, Huawei P9 and also from other smartphone manufacturers like Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge, LG G5, OnePlus 3, Sony Xperia X/Z3 and much more. Earlier this year we spotted the first EMUI 5.0 for the Huawei P9 variants and Mate 8. But that wasn’t based on the Nougat OS. With this Android Nougat 7.0 Beta firmware for Huawei P9 Lite, you can be an early tester and run the latest OS before the official release.
The Nougat OTA comes to us officially from Huawei servers. The Android 7.0 Beta version is named update.zip and the installation procedure has been listed below. You may also install the firmware directly through TWRP recovery with an unlocked bootloader device just like the Huawei P9 Nougat Beta update. However, you should take a Nandroid backup before you proceed. As a safe option, follow the instructions below.
Update: Android 7.0 Nougat EMUI 5.0 for more P9 Lite variants now available including VNS-L31/L21/L11/L23 C432B329. Moreover, bugs or errors have been fixed in B328 firmware.
Huawei P9 Lite Android 7.0 Nougat Beta firmware downloads:
Nougat update for Huawei P9 Lite
- File 1 required for Nougat Beta – Download 1 | File1: update.zip
- P9 Lite Android 7.0 Nougat Beta – Download 2 | File1: update.zip
Additional Huawei P9 Lite VNS-L31C900B317SP02 Nougat
- Download this (update.zip B329): https://update.hicloud.com:8180/TDS/d…ull/update.zip
- For P9 Lite VNS-L31/L21 download: https://update.hicloud.com:8180/TDS/d…-L31_hw_eu.zip
- For VNS-L31/L21/L11 need this Camera fix.
- For P9 Lite VNS-L23 download: https://update.hicloud.com:8180/TDS/d…-L23_hw_la.zip
The following are newly captured firmware update for the P9 Lite variants. It has not been tested yet. SO be cautious. For a tested solution, see the files above and got to the download section below.
- Nougat Beta – Download | File: update.zip
- Source below.
Additional EMUI 5.0 apps for Huawei P9 Lite
- Huawei Nougat beta apps package → Download | File: update_data_full_hw_eu.zip
- EMUI 5.0 MATE 9 THEME → Download link
Huawei P9 Lite Android 7.0 Nougat EMUI 5.0 screenshots
How to Install Huawei P9 Lite Android 7.0 Nougat Beta EMUI 5.0 build?
If you already have a rooted device, first you will need to unroot. Go to SuperSU app and hit full unroot from there.
- Make sure your device is unrooted. You will need TWRP recovery for future steps.
- Now reboot to TWRP (meticulus’s TWRP is recommended)
- Now download and flash the first update.zip file listed here- Download
Note: You may come across an error but that’s normal. Also, do not reboot just yet. Stay in TWRP.
- Now flash the number 2 file with Nougat Beta from here Download
- Now reboot to system.
The Nougat Beta update is may be missing some stock EMUI 5.0 apps from Huawei. You can install the apps separately as well.
Moreover, you can rollback to stock EMUI 4 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow on your Huawei P9 Lite without any problems. Use the official rollback package from Huawei or any stock firmware.
Like and share us on social media. Thanks to simo255 for the files and tutorial.