Table of Contents
- Download Open Beta 8 Android 7.0 Nougat for OnePlus 3 – OTA and Full ROM
- How to Install Open Beta 8 based on Android 7.0 Nougat via TWRP or stock recovery?
- How to Update OnePlus 3 from Marshmallow to Android 7.0 Nougat Open Beta 8 via stock recovery?
- How to upgrade to Open Beta 8 from Open Beta 7 via stock recovery?
- How to Root OnePlus 3 on Android 7.0 Nougat on latest Open Beta 8?
- Xposed Framework on OnePlus 3 on Android 7.0 Nougat Open Beta 8
So finally here we are with the Android 7.0 Nougat Oxygen OS build for the OnePlus 3. This new Nougat firmware comes to us with the stunning Open Beta 8. The new build brings the latest Android 7.0 version along with a new design, some UI tweaks like revamped notifications, settings, etc. The OnePlus 3 Nougat ROM also features Multi-Window view, status bar icon, quick launch, and custom DPI support. The full changelog has been listed below.
Although Android v7.0 may seem exciting to most users, being the first Nougat Beta build, it also comes with some bugs. First of all, Android Pay won’t work at this moment. You may also come across some stability or performance issues. Most importantly, you won’t be able to revert back to the stable Oxygen OS 3.2.8 Marshmallow from Android 7.0 Nougat easily. You will need a special Oxygen OS build and some tools which, at this moment, can only be provided by OnePlus customer support via a live session with level 2 specialist.
However, we may see a minor bug fixing OTA or an Open Beta 9 update soon enough. Moreover, OnePlus 3T may most likely receive the stable Oxygen OS 3.5.5 based on Android 7.0 Nougat after the beta program is done with. Later, OnePlus is planning to release the same Oxygen OS version for both OnePlus 3 and the 3T. Currently, OP 3T is running Oxygen OS 3.5.3.
OnePlus 3 Open Beta 8 Android 7.0 Nougat features
- Upgraded to Android 7.0 Nougat
- New Notifications Design
- New Settings Menu Design
- Multi-Window View
- Notification Direct Reply
- Custom DPI Support
- Added Status Bar Icon Options
- Added Quick Launch For 3rd Party Applications
- Improved Shelf Customization
- Android Pay may not work correctly
- Some stability/performance issues
- After upgrading to Android N, you will not be able to directly downgrade back to M builds.
Download Open Beta 8 Android 7.0 Nougat for OnePlus 3 – OTA and Full ROM
OnePlus 3 is now receiving Open Beta 8 based on Android 7.0 Nougat. On the other hand, the device has also received Oxygen OS 3.2.8 based on the newer Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. You may also like the official CyanogenMod 14.1 based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat. We have the full ROM zip file which is flashable via stock recovery as well as a custom TWRP recovery as well. The officially signed OTA zip file will be available soon. Stay tuned.
Open Beta 8 Signed Full Firmware File (Full ROM zip file)
- Open Beta 8 Full Firmware file→ Direct Download [Mirror] | File: OnePlus3Oxygen_16_OTA_016_all_1611302306_cc5d2327b14247fd.zip (1.3 GB)
- Open Beta 7 Full ROM file→ Downloads | File: OnePlus3Oxygen_16_OTA_009_all_1611161152_86fe98f7ebf24259.zip (1.5 GB)
- Oxygen OS 3.5.5 full ROM file → Download link | Open Beta 6 (1.41 GB)
- Oxygen OS 3.5.4 full ROM file → Link above | Open Beta 6 (1.3 GB)
Open Beta 8 OTA update
- OP 3 Open Beta 8 OTA | Open Beta 7>Open Beta 8 | File above will work fine
Note: A simple method to get OTA notification on your OnePlus 3 for the Open Beta 8 is to use a VPN like Opera VPN and change the device location to US/Canada. Then go to Settings>System Updates> and scan. You will get a new update notification. Download and install.
The official OTA link is not yet available. However, the link above will work just fine. Moreover, you may want to visit the official OnePlus 3 OTA download page.
TWRP flashable Open Beta 8 full ROM and OTA
Use these files only with custom TWRP recovery. Flash normally.
Updated TWRP Recovery needed 3.0.2-1.28 → Download | File: twrp-3.0.2-1.28-oneplus3.img
- TWRP flashable Open Beta 8 Full ROM →Download | File above will work fine
- TWRP Flashable OP 3 Open Beta 7 OTA Update | Open Beta 6>Open Beta 7
How to Install Open Beta 8 based on Android 7.0 Nougat via TWRP or stock recovery?
The following tutorial will get your OnePlus 3 to the latest official OnePlus 4.0 update. There are basically 2 methods to install the ROM. Both for rooted users with TWRP installed as well as non-rooted users with stock recovery. The methods are listed below and will direct you to the exact tutorial.
How to Update OnePlus 3 from Marshmallow to Android 7.0 Nougat Open Beta 8 via stock recovery?
If you are coming from the official Oxygen OS 3.2.8 or the Open Beta 7 with stock recovery, then download the OTA update and install it via stock recovery or ADB sideload method. For this method to work, you need to go through all the requirements below and then use the instructions.
1. Enable USB Debugging on your device. To do so, go to Settings>About Phone> Tap on the Build Number several times until you get a new Developer Options in the Settings. Open Developer Options and enable USB Debugging from there. Trust the connection by allowing it when you connect it to your PC for the first time.
2. For ADB and Fastboot download the quick ADB and Fastboot Installer from here for Windows users and easily setup ADB and Fastboot on Mac OS, Linux or Chrome OS from here.
Step 1: Download the OTA/full ROM file for OnePlus 3. Keep the file on your PC where you can easily locate it.
Step 2: Connect the Android device and open a command prompt or terminal on your PC.
Step 3: Reboot your OnePlus 3 device into stock recovery mode. To do so, issue the following command through cmd or terminal. (You can do it manually as well)adb reboot recovery
Step 4: Now, tap on the first option that says “Install update via ADB”.
Step 5: Open the folder where the ota.zip file is open, flash the OTA by issuing the following command. (Type the exact name with its proper extension.)adb sideload <filename>.zip
The OTA update will start. Alternatively, while, on Mac OS, you can issue “./adb sideload <filename>.zip” command or on Linux type “sudo adb sideload <filename>.zip” to flash the OTA.
For a detailed tutorial on how to install OTA update via ADB sideload, head over to this tutorial for detailed steps: OTA updates using ADB sideload.
How to upgrade to Open Beta 8 from Open Beta 7 via stock recovery?
Flashable Stock Recovery for OnePlus 3 → Download | Ignore if you already have stock recovery
One way is to go to Settings>System Updates and the download and install the update. Alternatively, you can download the official full firmware zip or the OTA from above and flash it using the method one listed above via adb sideload.
Rooted OP 3 devices: How to Install Android 7.0 Nougat Open Beta 8 via TWRP?
Modified TWRP Recovery needed 3.0.2-1.28 → Download | File: twrp-3.0.2-1.28-oneplus3.img
If you already have a custom TWRP recovery setup then you can manually flash the complete Open beta 8 firmware. Do not wipe anything like data or cache. Simply reboot into TWRP recovery and tap install and select the OTA file. Here is a full tutorial on TWRP usage: How to flash OTA update using TWRP?
- Download the Open Beta 8 Full ROM zip from above.
- Now Reboot into TWRP recovery.
- Take a full Nandroid backup.
- You can either Wipe Dalvik, System, Data & Cache and clean flash the Android 7.0 Nougat ROM or proceed with a dirty flash on previous Beta 7.
- Select and flash the Open Beta 8 full zip.
- Reboot to system.
If the system doesn’t boot, perform a factory reset or you can always restore back to original ROM via TWRP.
How to Root OnePlus 3 on Android 7.0 Nougat on latest Open Beta 8?
If you are looking for root access on your OnePLus 3 with the latest Android 7.0 Nougat with Open Beta 8 the minimum requirement is to flash the SuperSU v2.78 with SR5 recommended. Flash the SuperSU package listed below using TWRP.
Flash SuperSU SR5 Recommended → SR5-SuperSU-v2.78-SR5-20161130091551.zip
Moreover, if you are still using stock recovery and want to unlock the bootloader, root and install TWRP then we already have a full tutorial on how to root OnePlus 3. You can also make use our new and updated tutorial: how to unlock the bootloader, root, and install TWRP recovery on OnePlus 3T. Simply use the files for OnePlus 3 and use the 3T tutorial.
Xposed Framework on OnePlus 3 on Android 7.0 Nougat Open Beta 8
Xposed framework does not support Android 7.0 Nougat just yet. So it is recommended you do not install Xposed or you may brick the device. , you can head over to our popular
Meanwhile, you can head over to our popular Xposed framework installer guide for setting up on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow or below. Download the latest Xposed zip and flash via TWRP. Later install the Xposed Installer APK.
How to downgrade from Android 7.0 Nougat to Marshmallow on OnePlus 3?
OnePlus has a special build of Android M that will allow you to downgrade. However, this will format your device. Most likely because of the file partition changed from EXT4 to F2FS. If you’d like to flash back to Oxygen OS 3.2.8, please contact Customer Support.
Source: OnePlus forum, XDA