Earlier this month, Microsoft released the final version of Windows 11 via stable or release channel with build 22000.194 (21H2), followed by another cumulative update KB5006674 with Build 22000.258. While the stable versions of Windows 11 already out, the Insider Preview development continues to mature under Dev Channel and Beta Channel. Here is the latest Windows 11 Insider Preview build 22478 via Dev channel.
The Windows 11 Dev update brings several experimental or test features. The latest build 22478 comes with Microsoft’s most anticipated Fluent Emoji. Back in July, the Microsoft Design Team announced new Fluent-designed emoji for Windows. Here is the first look at the new Windows emojis.
Furthermore, Microsoft is celebrating 7-year anniversary of the Windows Insider Program. As a celebration, Microsoft Design Team released special desktop backgrounds. Download the new wallpapers here for dark theme and here for light theme.
Changes and Improvements in Windows 11 22478 Build
It features loads of bug fixes, system optimizations, and app improvements on top of the previous Windows 11 22468 build. It also brings several bug fixes and also includes some known issues. Here are some improvements:
- The updated version of the Korean IME, which began rolling out with Build 22454, is now available to everyone in the Dev Channel.
- When your laptop is closed, it’s now possible to login to your PC using Facial Recognition (Windows Hello) on a connected external monitor if it has a camera attached that supports it.
- We’ve made a change to the underlying indexer platform to help improve overall reliability and database size, which should help reduce disk space usage on the system – particularly in cases where users had very large Outlook mailboxes.
- Scrolling your mouse wheel on the volume icon in the Taskbar will now change the current volume level.
- Made some small adjustments to the dialog when adding a new language in Settings to make it look a little more modern, including rounding the corners.
The update also fixed a number of bugs. Checkout the complete changelog and bug fixes from Microsoft’s press release – Announcing Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22478.
If you are already on the previous Dev Channel, visit All Settings > System Updates in order to get the update; without needing the ISO. Alternatively, download Windows 11 22478 ISO from below.
Download Windows 11 ISO Insider Preview Build 22478 From Microsoft Servers
Microsoft is now seeding the latest Windows 11 ISO downloads directly on their servers. So download and install Insider Preview Build 22478 ISO from the Dev channel directly from Microsoft Servers.
There are three editions of Windows 11 (from Windows 10) that you can download directly from Microsoft. These include Windows 11, Windows 11 Enterprise, and Windows 11 Home (China); from three channels – Dev, Beta, and Release Preview. You can download the Windows 11 Insider Preview ISOs from the following link.
Step 1: Go to Microsoft website and Register for the Windows Insider Program.
Step 2: Head over to the Windows Insider Preview ISO Download page.
Step 3: Create a Windows 11 ISO.
This is a free Windows 11 upgrade for eligible Windows 10 systems. All you need to do now is become a Windows Insider and switch to the beta channel for a more stable experience.
You can switch to the Dev Channel or Beta Channel to get an OTA update on your Windows 10 PC.
However, Windows 11 still has eligibility criteria where your device needs to have Secure Boot and TPM 1.0 enabled in order to get the Windows 11 upgrade directly from Microsoft. In order to bypass this, download the latest ISO from below.
Download Windows 11 ISO 22478 Dev Build From UUP Dump
Notes to download: The one marked with x64 is for Intel/AMD processors. The one marked with arm64 can run on any ARM device like an Android phone or tablet.
Note 2: For cumulative updates, simply go to Settings > System Updates > and get the incremental update from there. No need to download a complete ISO. If you do want to download ISO, we recommend visiting our previous Windows 11 post here.
Alternatively, Windows 11 ISO is now available for download below. You can create bootable USB flash drives and install them onto any PC.
|Windows 11 Insider Preview 22478.1000 (rs_prerelease) arm64||arm64||Direct Download Link|
|Windows 11 Insider Preview 22478.1000 (rs_prerelease) amd64||x64||Direct Download Link|
- Follow our guide to force install Windows 11 ISO on any computer!
- How to Install Windows 11 ISO (Tutorial)
- Another detailed tutorial for installation (post link)
- More details on Windows 11 wallpapers post.