Table of Contents Hide
Updated: Oxygen OS 10 based Open Beta 1 now rolling out for OnePlus 6 and 6T (Android 10). Google released official Android 10 for Pixel phones just last month. Some of the major OEM smartphone manufacturers have already started compiling the latest AOSP sources for their flagship phones. These include OnePlus, Samsung, Xiaomi, Nokia, Essential, and more. OnePlus became one of the first smartphone manufacturers to release Android 10 starting with their flagships OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro. Now the devices are on latest Oxygen OS 10 stable channel. Soon after OnePlus also promised that their 6th generation devices OnePlus 6 and 6T will soon receive Android 10. The day has finally come and here is the Android 10 OTA update for OnePlus 6 and 6T devices with first Open Beta based on Hydrogen OS 10 firmware.
Yes, Hydrogen OS 10 (H2OS) public beta 1 is now available for download for the OnePlus 6(T). This new firmware update features Android 10 with latest security patch level. Now this may not be global version of OnePlus software, but the Open Beta 1 based on Oxygen OS 10 should soon release for the two phone. The update features brand new H2OS user interface (as seen on Oxygen OS 10) which is arguably lighter and smoother in performance.
You will also see all the Android 10 features including enhanced location permissions, new privacy tools, live caption, smart reply, sound amplifier, gesture navigation, dark mode, privacy controls, location controls, focus mode, family link, and more. Of course, the stock OnePlus apps and features have also been updated with new customization features in settings, icon shapes displayed in the Quick Settings menu, Digital Wellbeing, Fnatic mode, Zen mode, built-in screen recorder, screenshot editor, spam call and text filtering, new NightScape 2.0 for camera, always on display, and edge notification light.
So basically most of the features you will find in the Android 10 update for OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro. The H2OS update also means one thing for sure. The Oxygen OS 10 based on Android 10 for the OnePlus 6 and 6T is just around the corner. You can expect Oxygen OS 10 Open Beta 1 for the OnePlus 6 series devices as soon as tomorrow. (As per the past update record)
Update log for OnePlus 6 and 6T Open Beta 1 (Android 10) H2OS
This is a direct translation from the changelog listed on the Chinese forum of OnePlus. We have also listed the OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro Android 10 changelog below so you get the idea what’s new.
- Update to Android 10 version
- New UI design, light and smooth operation experience, more details, etc.
- Added location management permissions to support only when using the app
- A new personalization experience that supports icon shape changes applied to shortcut settings
- Added bottom bar to support left and right slide bar switching app experience
- New game space that automatically brings together your favorite games for a smooth game acceleration experience
- Supports display of weather, schedule, music and other information based on the scene display screen (Settings – Display – Information Display – Scene Information)
- Add SMS keyword blocking to help you avoid harassing SMS messages (Information – Intercept History – Harassment Intercept Settings – SMS Keyword Intercept)
Update log for Oxygen OS 10 Open Beta for OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro
- Upgraded to Android 10
- Brand new UI design
- Enhanced location permissions for privacy
- New customization feature in the Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings
- Full Screen Gestures
- Added inward swipes from the left or right edge of the screen to go back
- Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps
- Game Space
- New Gaming Space feature now add all your favorite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience
- Smart display
- Supported intelligent info based on specific times, locations and events for Ambient Display（Settings – Display – Ambient Display – Smart Display
- Now block by keywords for Message (Messages – Spam – Settings -Blocking settings)
Download Android 10 for OnePlus 6 and 6T (Hydrogen OS 10 OTA update)
Updated: OnePlus 6 series Android 10 OTA update links are now available download. Both the OnePlus 6 and 6T can now be updated to latest Hydrogen OS 10 based on Android 10.
Here is the latest official Android 10 Open Beta 1 firmware update for OnePlus 6 and 6T based on Hydrogen OS 10. If you are already on the Open Beta H2OS firmware you will receive an OTA update. Go to settings > system update > check for OTA updates. The OTA comes in a large package around 2.28 GB in size. However, it seems like currently only the OnePlus 6T has received Android 10 beta update. You will need to wait longer for the OnePlus 6.
Alternatively, if your device is on the stable Oxygen OS or H2OS channel then you will need to manually install Android 10 onto OnePlus phone via local upgrade method. Here are the full stock firmware (ROM) download files.
Before you download, note that Hydrogen OS is the Chinese version of Oxygen OS meant for China. So H2OS won’t feature any Google apps, Play Store, or Play Services. So if you absolutely need Google apps, wait for Oxygen OS 10 Open Beta 1!
Hydrogen OS 10 full stock firmware
- H2OS Android 10 Open Beta 1 for OnePlus 6T | OTA Download (direct link)
- H2OS Android 10 Open Beta 1 for OnePlus 6 | OTA Download (direct link)
Oxygen OS 10 Open Beta 1 for OnePlus 6 and 6T has not been released yet. So stay tuned for more!
Oxygen OS 10 full stock firmware
Official Android 10 rolling out for Oxygen OS 10 based Open Beta 1 for OnePlus 6 and 6T. Oxygen OS 10 OTA update download links are listed on the dedicated post below.
How to update OnePlus 6 and 6T to latest Android 10?
This requires the full stock firmware update zips. It is the easiest way to update any OnePlus device. You can basically switch between Open Beta firmware or Stable channel easily. Don’t worry, you won’t lose any data. However, a backup is very important.
- Download the latest available H2OS or Oxygen OS full stock firmware zip from above.
- Get the full firmware package from above for the OnePlus device and transfer the ROM file to the internal storage or phone storage. Place the zip file outside every folder.
- Now go to Settings app > visit System updates > tap on the top right settings icon > choose Local Upgrade option.
- The Local Upgrade option will search for an upgrade package.
- Once you see an upgrade package, tap over it and then hit the install option.
The device will automatically reboot and perform an upgrade. First boot may take a while. Read detailed tutorial here: How to to flash H2OS full stock firmware over Oxygen OS. Source