Earlier this month, Google released the official Android 10 update for Pixel-series phones. OnePlus quickly rolled out the stable Android 10 build based on Oxygen OS and became the first smartphone manufacturer to roll out the latest update for its latest flagship phones. While the firmware was still based on Open Beta channel, it was near stable as reported by several users. So it didn’t take long for OnePlus to roll out the official stable Android 10 for OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro. So download and install OnePlus 7 Android 10 OTA update based on Oxygen OS 10.
As the update is fresh out of the oven, we only have the official changelog posted by OnePlus as couple of screenshots. One thing we know for sure is that the latest Oxygen OS 10 is now available for OnePlus 7 (Pro). It features a brand new UI design, all the Android 10 goodies, latest security patch level, and updated apps. According to the update log listed below, OnePlus 7 gets Android 10 upgrade and all of it’s goodies including live caption, smart reply, sound amplifier, gesture navigation, dark mode, privacy controls, location controls, focus mode, family link, and more.
With Oxygen OS 10 comes a brand new UI design, enhanced location permissions for privacy, new customization feature in settings enabling icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings menu, Digital Wellbeing, Fnatic mode, Zen mode, built-in screen recorder, screenshot editor, spam call and text filtering, new NightScape 2.0 for camera, always on display, and edge notification light.
Moreover, OnePlus’ popular full screen gestures have also made it into the Android 10 version. Oxygen OS 10 gesture navigation now features an added inward swipe from the left or right edge of the screen to go back. You will also see an added bottom navigation bar to switch left or right for recent apps. Some users also argue that the OnePlus gestures implementation is better than Google’s gesture navigation. That’s one more reason to update your OnePlus 7 device to Oxygen OS 10 based on Android 10.
Here are screenshots of the Oxygen OS 10 for OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro:
You can see some potential new OxygenOS 10 design here: Download Oxygen OS 10 apps based on Android Q for OnePlus 7 Pro, 7, 6, and 6T
Update log for OnePlus 7 (Pro) Oxygen OS 10 (Android 10) OTA Update
- Upgraded to Android 10
- Brand new UI design
- Enhanced location permissions for privacy
- New customization feature in Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings
- Full Screen Gestures
- Added inward swipes from the left or right edge of the screen to go back
- Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps
- Game Space
- New Game Space feature now joins all your favorite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience
- Smart display
- Intelligent info based on specific times, locations and events for Ambient Display (Settings – Display – Ambient Display – Smart Display)
- Now possible to block spam by keywords for Message (Messages – Spam – Settings -Blocking settings)
Download Oxygen OS 10: Latest Android 10 for OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro
Updated: Oxygen OS 10 OTA update and full stock firmware (ROM) zip available for download for OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro for Global and EU stable.
Here you will find the latest official Android 10 OTA update for OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro based on the brand new Oxygen OS 10 firmware. If you are already on the previous stable Oxygen OS 9.5.11 firmware, then you will get an OTA update. Simply go to settings > system update > check for OTA updates. The OTA comes in a large package of around 2GB in size as it is a complete Android version upgrade.
However, if your device running the Open Beta version that OnePlus rolled out earlier this week, then you will need to manually install Oxygen OS 10 Android 10 full stock firmware (ROM) onto your OnePlus 7 (Pro) device via local upgrade method. The local upgrade method is fairly easy for anyone looking forward to an upgrade.
Here are the Oxygen OS 10 full firmware (ROM) zip files available for download:
Downloads for OnePlus 7 Pro:
- Download Global: Oxygen OS 10 Android 10 for OnePlus 7 Pro | AFH mirror
- Download EU: Oxygen OS 10 for OnePlus 7 Pro | AFH mirror
Downloads for OnePlus 7:
- Download Global: Oxygen OS 10 Android 10 for OnePlus 7 | AFH Mirror
- Download EU: Oxygen OS 10 Android 10 for OnePlus 7
Here are the different OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro variants:
- GM21AA: GM1911: India & GM1917: Global/US Unlocked
- GM21BA: GM1913: EU
- GM27BA: GM1920: EU 5G
- GM31CB: GM1915: T-Mobile (Carrier Locked)
How to update OnePlus 7 (Pro) to latest Oxygen OS 10 firmware update?
This is the “OnePlus Local Upgrade” method and requires the full stock firmware update zips listed above. This is the easiest way to update any OnePlus phone including the 7 Pro. You can basically switch between Open Beta firmware or the Stable OxygenOS channel easily. Don’t worry, you won’t lose any data. However, a backup is very important.
- Download the latest available Oxygen OS 10 full stock firmware zip from above.
- Transfer the OOS 10 zip file to the internal storage or phone storage. Place the zip file at the root meaning outside every folder.
- Now go to Settings app > System updates > tap on the top right settings icon > choose Local Upgrade option.
- The Local Upgrade option will search for an upgrade package.
- Once you see an upgrade package, tap over it and hit the install option.
The device will automatically reboot and perform an upgrade. First boot may take a while.