OnePlus has restarted the Open Beta program for the popular OnePlus 6 and 6T devices. This time the OEM has released a new firmware update called Oxygen OS 10 based on Android 10 for the OnePlus 6 series smartphones. If you have been following our previous posts, then you already know that the first public beta build of Hydrogen OS 10 based on Android 10 rolled out a few days ago for the two devices. Here is the official Android 10 for the global variants of OnePlus 6 and 6T based on Oxygen OS 10 via Open Beta channel.
Yes, the first Oxygen OS 10 Open Beta program has officially begun for OnePlus 6 and 6T. It features all the Android 10 goodies and the latest October 2019 security patch level. These new features include enhanced location permissions, new privacy tools, live caption, smart reply, sound amplifier, gesture navigation, dark mode, privacy controls, location controls, focus mode, family link, and more.
However, as this is the beta channel, it won’t show as Oxygen OS 10 under phone settings; instead will show as Open Beta 1. But it sure does come with the latest Oxygen OS 10 features found in OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro’s Android 10 build. If you don’t already know, here are the latest Oxygen OS 10 features – new customization features in settings, icon shapes displayed in the Quick Settings menu, Digital Wellbeing, Fnatic mode, Zen mode, built-in screen recorder, screenshot editor, spam call and text filtering, new NightScape 2.0 for camera, always on display, and edge notification light. Checkout the complete changelog from below.
Update log for OnePlus 6 and 6T Oxygen OS 10 Open Beta 1 (Android 10)
Here is the complete changelog for the latest Android 10 update for OnePlus 6 and 6T. This is very similar to the OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro Oxygen OS 10 update log. See what’s new.
- Upgraded to Android 10
- Brand new UI design
- Enhanced location permissions for privacy
- New customization feature in Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings
- Full Screen Gestures
- Added inward swipes from the left or right edge of the screen to go back
- Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps
- Game Space
- New Game Space feature now joins all your favorite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience
- Smart display
- Intelligent info based on specific times, locations and events for Ambient Display (Settings – Display – Ambient Display – Smart Display)
- Now possible to block spam by keywords for Message (Messages – Spam – Settings -Blocking settings)
Download Android 10 for OnePlus 6 and 6T based on Oxygen OS 10 Open Beta 1
OnePlus 6 series Android 10 OTA update links are now available download. Both the OnePlus 6 and 6T can now be updated to latest Oxygen OS 10 based on Android 10 update.
Here is the official Android 10 update for OnePlus 6 and 6T based on Oxygen OS 10 Open Beta 1 firmware. If you are already on the previous Open Beta update based on Android 9 Pie, then you can download OTA update by going to settings > system update > check for OTA updates. The OTA comes in a large package around 2.28 GB in size.
Alternatively, if your device is on the stable Oxygen OS or H2OS channel then you can manually install Android 10 onto OnePlus phone via local upgrade method. Here are the full stock firmware (ROM) download files.
Oxygen OS 10 Open Beta 1 full stock firmware
- Android 10 Open Beta 1 for OnePlus 6T | OTA Download (direct link)
- Android 10 Open Beta 1 for OnePlus 6 | OTA Download (direct link)
How to update OnePlus 6 and 6T to Oxygen OS 10 Android 10?
This requires the full stock firmware update zips. It is the easiest way to update any OnePlus device. You can basically switch between Open Beta firmware or Stable channel easily. Don’t worry, you won’t lose any data. However, a backup is very important.
- Download the latest available Oxygen OS 10 full stock firmware zip from above.
- Get the full firmware package from above for the OnePlus device and transfer the ROM file to the internal storage or phone storage. Place the zip file outside every folder.
- Now go to Settings app > visit System updates > tap on the top right settings icon > choose Local Upgrade option.
- The Local Upgrade option will search for an upgrade package.
- Once you see an upgrade package, tap over it and then hit the install option.
The device will automatically reboot and perform an upgrade. First boot may take a while. Read detailed tutorial here: How to to flash H2OS full stock firmware over Oxygen OS. Source
Subscribe to Newsletters via Email. Follow us on Google News and Join our Telegram Group! Also, support us by donating via PayPal.