OnePlus 6 is now getting yet another update via Open Beta channel. The first Open Beta update brought stable build of Android 9.0 Pie. The Beta 2 featured system stability, improvements to image quality for front camera, WiFi and network optimization and much more. Now, download Oxygen OS Open Beta 3 for OnePlus 6 based on Android P with many new improvements.
Open Beta 2 brings stability to ambient display. Most importantly, the Biometric authentication has improved significantly. Face unlock and fingerprint sensors work better now. A new function has been added to launch Google Assistant or other third party assistant app by holding power button for 0.5 seconds.
The main feature of this update is the support for more Parallel apps. So now you can use multiple accounts on Telegram, Discord, IMO, Uber, Ola along with already supported apps like Facebook, Whatsapp, and more. Moreover, OnePlus Switch gets updated with support for QR code.
Changelog: OnePlus 6 Open Beta 2 (OxygenOS)
• Fixed stability issues with ambient display
• Improved stability for face unlock and fingerprint scanner
• Added support to launch google assistant or other third party assistant app by holding power button for 0.5 seconds
• Added support for more apps (Telegram, Discord, IMO, Uber, OLA) in parallel APPS
OnePlus Switch v2.1.0
• Added manual connection method if unable to connect switch with QR code on the old device
• Supported backup and recovery for application data including home screen, lock screen and APP layout
• Bug fixes and support for more Android models
As it is a beta channel, you can expect dome bugs at the moment. here are some known issues with the firmware.
- Some applications may not function.
- Google Pay may not work.
Download Open Beta 3 for OnePlus 6
Stable Android 9.0 Pie has already been deployed with the first Open Beta. It features a brand new User Interface, new navigation system or swipe gestures from Android P and Oxygen OS as well.
- Download Open Beta 3 ROM for OnePlus 6 (Direct link)
How to Install OnePlus 6 Open Beta 3 based on OxygenOS?
- Download the latest firmware (ROM) from above to your PC.
- Copy or transfer the Android P ROM upgrade package to phone storage. Make sure it is not placed under ant folder. Keep in root directory.
- Now, go to Settings > system updates.
- On the top right corner tap on three vertical dots or the gear icon.
- Choose local upgrade option
- The app will scan storage for any available upgrade package.
- Once displayed, choose the installation package and immediate upgrade.
- System will start the upgrade process.
- Once done, select Reboot system now.
Now, you may need to wipe data if you are coming from stable Android 8.1 Oreo channel based on Oxygen OS 5.1.11. But is optional. It won’t be necessary if you are coming from previous Open Beta.
- Reboot into recovery mode.
- To do so, turn off the phone completely.
- Press the power button + volume down to enter recovery mode.
- Select Wipe data/factory reset, click power, select yes, confirm.
- Select Reboot system now.
You may also like: