Table of Contents Hide
Update: OnePlus 6 Open Beta 2 is now available for download featuring system stability and and improved image quality for front camera. OnePlus Google has already released the official stable version of Android P to its Pixel series devices along with the AOSP sources. Now, manufacturers are using these updated AOSP sources to push Android 9.0 Pie stable builds to their flagship phones. However, due to manufacturer’s custom firmware and stock apps, it takes time for them to make it perfect. As always, OnePlus becomes to the first third-party manufacturer to push the Android 9 Pie stable build for OnePlus 6. So download and install latest Oxygen OS Open Beta 1 for OnePlus 6.
Stable build of Android 9.0 Pie is now available for download for OnePlus 6 under Open Beta channel. As we all know, OnePlus’ Open Beta program is still based on OxygenOS firmware. So the Android 9 Pie build is a stable build and not the Developer Preview. The OTA update also features a brand new User Interface, new navigation system or swipe gestures from Android P and Oxygen OS as well.
As for the new features, the Open Beta 1 for OnePlus 6 comes with a new Gaming Mode 3.0, new Do Not Disturb mode, more accent color customization options, and much more. It also comes with September 2018 Android Security Patch. So download and install Open Beta 1 for OnePlus 6 with Android 9.0 Pie based on Oxygen OS.
Changelog: OnePlus 6 Open Beta 2 (OxygenOS)
- Improved stability for Wi-Fi connection
- Optimized background power consumption control
- Optimization for the pocket mode to reduce accidental touches
- Optimized multi-tasking UI
- Optimized image quality for the front camera
- Improved UI for Verification Codes (for OTP), making it faster to find what you want
Previous: OnePlus 6 Open Beta 1 (OxygenOS)
- Update system to Android™ 9.0 Pie™
- Brand new UI for Android P
- New Android P gesture navigation
- Other new features and system improvements
- Integrated OnePlus customization features
- Supported accent color customization
- New Do Not Disturb mode with adjustable settings
- New Gaming Mode 3.0
- Added text notification mode
- Added notification for 3rd party calls
As it is a beta channel, you can expect dome bugs at the moment. here are some known issues with the firmware.
- Some applications may not function.
- Google Pay may not work.
If you are comfortable with the bugs, then you can direct upgrade you OnePlus 6 from Android 8.1 Oreo (Oxygen OS 5.1.11) to Android 9.0 Pie (Open Beta) using Local Upgrade method.
How to Update OnePlus 6 to Android 9.0 Pie with Oxygen OS Open Beta?
The first thing you will need is the full stock firmware zip of the Open Beta software for OnePlus 6.
Download OnePlus 6 Open Beta 2
- Download OnePlus 6 Open Beta 2 ROM – Direct download link
Download OnePlus 6 Oxygen OS Open Beta 1
How to Update?
- Download the latest firmware (ROM) from above to your PC.
- Copy or transfer the Android P ROM upgrade package to phone storage. Make sure it is not placed under ant folder. Keep in root directory.
- Now, go to Settings > system updates.
- On the top right corner tap on three vertical dots or the gear icon.
- Choose local upgrade option
- The app will scan storage fro any available upgrade package.
- Once displayed, choose the installation package and immediate upgrade.
- System will start the upgrade process.
- Once done, select Reboot system now.
Now, you may need to wipe data or factory reset the device. But is optional. If the device doesn’t boot, do the following.
- Reboot into recovery mode.
- To do so, turn off the phone completely.
- Press the power button + volume down to enter recovery mode.
- Select Wipe data/factory reset, click power, select yes, confirm.
- Select Reboot system now.
That’s it. Enjoy you Android 9 Pie ROM on OnePlus 6. You can do the same thing to revert back to Android 8.1 Oreo stable channel. Soon OnePlus 3, 3T, 5, and 5T will receive the Android 9 Pie OTA update. So stay tuned.
You may also like: