Table of Contents
The official Android 9.0 Pie firmware update for OnePlus 6 is finally out of beta and is now available under the stable channel. Yes, the OnePlus 6 phone is now being updated to Oxygen OS 9.0 based on stable Android Pie. OnePlus becomes one of the leading manufacturers to release the latest Android 9.0 firmware upgrade to its devices. The early update could also be due to nearing launch of its new flagship OnePlus 6T. So we can expect that OnePlus 6T will feature Android 9.0 Pie out of the box as the two devices will may have similar hardware specifications.
With Oxygen OS 9.0 for OnePlus 6 you get all the Android Pie goodies such as Adaptive Battery, Adaptive Brightness, Slice, Actions, Advanced AutoFill, the new Android Pie gesture navigation similar to Google Pixel, and much more. The update is also based on September 2018 Security Patch. So you could say that the OnePlus 6 flagships are on the are platform as that of Google Pixel.
All the OnePlus 6 Open Beta features are present in this stable build including the Accent color support, new swipe navigation system, home pill, new gaming mode 3.0, and much more. So download and install the latest Oneplus 6 Oxygen OS 9.0 based on Android 9.0 Pie.
Features of Oxygen OS 9.0 for OnePlus 6
- Updated system to Android™ 9.0 Pie™
- Brand new UI for Android Pie
- New adaptive battery support
- New Android Pie gesture navigation
- Updated Android security patch to 2018.9
- Other new features and system improvements
- Do Not Disturb mode
- New Do Not Disturb (DND) mode with adjustable settings
- New Gaming mode 3.0
- Added text notification mode
- Added notification for 3rd party calls
- Accent color
- Supported accent color customization
You may also like: Google Camera App for OnePlus 6
Download OnePlus 6 Oxygen OS 9.0 OTA update and full stock firmware and
Following is the latest OnePlus 6 Oxygen OS 9.0 Pie full stock signed firmware zip. It can be flashed via TWRP recovery as well as stock recovery using Local Upgrade method.
Oxygen OS 9.0 full signed firmware zips:
You may also like:
How to update OnePlus 6 to latest Oxygen OS 9.0 based on Android 9 Pie?
There are multiple ways to update OnePlus 6 to the latest OxygenOS firmware update. The first is to grab the full stock firmware zip from above and do a Local Upgrade.
Second is to capture the OTA update. If you want to get the OTA update, see: How to capture the incremental OTA update?
Local Upgrade Method: Install full stock firmware zip
The Local Upgrade method is the easiest way to update any OnePlus device.
- Download the latest available Oxygen OS full stock firmware zip from above.
- Get the full firmware package from above for the OnePlus 6 and transfer the ROM file to the internal storage or phone storage. Place the zip file outside every folder. See the image below.
- Now go to Settings app > visit System updates > tap on the top right settings icon > choose Local Upgrade option.
- The Local Upgrade option will search for an upgrade package.
- Once you see an upgrade package, tap over it and then hit the install option.
The device will automatically reboot and perform an upgrade. First boot may take a while.