OnePlus 6 is the latest flagship phone from the upcoming Chinese smartphone manufacturer. The latest device from OnePlus is getting a lot of love from the Android community. OnePlus devices are known for top notch hardware specifications as well as the Oxygen OS software which is very close to stock Android OS. Moreover, OnePlus 6 has already received Android 9 Pie OTA update via its Open Beta channel. Also, the stable beta is getting Oxygen OS 5.1.11 with major network and camera improvements.
OnePlus 6 is now receiving a new firmware update with version Oxygen OS 5.1.9. It features network optimizations for various regions, stability with WiFi connection, etc. The most important is that the screen flickering issue found in OnePlus 6 is now gone. Camera gets improved HDR mode. The complete changelog is listed below.
It is based on Android 8.1 Oreo. However, if you want Android P for OnePlus 6, then you can download it using the Beta Channel. It is only the Android Beta 3 and not the official Android 9 Pie OTA update that Google released. So stay tuned for we will make the downloads and install available for the same.
Update Log: Oxygen OS 5.1.11 OTA Update for OnePlus 6
- Optimized network connection
- Optimized stability for Wi-Fi connection
- Fixed screen flickering issue in daylight
- General bug fixes and improvements
- Confirm pin without tapping ✓(Setting > Security & lock > PIN)
- Improved HDR mode
You may also like: Google Camera App for OnePlus 6
Download OnePlus 6 Oxygen OS 5.1.11 stock firmware and OTA updates
Following is the latest OnePlus 6 Oxygen OS 5.1.11 full stock signed firmware zip. It can be flashed via TWRP recovery as well as stock recovery using Local Upgrade method.
Oxygen OS 5.1.11 full signed firmware zips:
You may also like:
How to update OnePlus 6 to latest Oxygen OS 5.1.11?
There are multiple ways to update OnePlus 6 to the latest OxygenOS firmware update. The first is to grab the full stock firmware zip from above and do a Local Upgrade.
Second is to capture the OTA update. If you want to get the OTA update, see: How to capture the incremental OTA update?
Local Upgrade Method: Install full stock firmware zip
The Local Upgrade method is the easiest way to update any OnePlus device.
- Download the latest available Oxygen OS full stock firmware zip from above.
- Get the full firmware package from above for the OnePlus 6 and transfer the ROM file to the internal storage or phone storage. Place the zip file outside every folder. See the image below.
- Now go to Settings app > visit System updates > tap on the top right settings icon > choose Local Upgrade option.
- The Local Upgrade option will search for an upgrade package.
- Once you see an upgrade package, tap over it and then hit the install option.
The device will automatically reboot and perform an upgrade. First boot may take a while.