Table of Contents
Update: OnePlus 5 and 5T Oxygen OS 5.1.5 is now available with August 2018 Android Security Patch. The update also features Treble Support. Although the manufacturer did not advertise it, OnePlus 5 users have reported that it brings full treble support. this means, you can readily flash the Android 9 Pie GSI or any Generic System Image and update OnePlus 5 or 5T to latest Android version. So download and install Oxygen OS 5.1.5 for OnePlus 5 and 5T based on Android 8.1 Oreo.
OnePlus released official Android 8.1 Oreo update for the OnePlus 5 and 5T with a new firmware build OxygenOS 5.1.4. Moreover, the Open Beta channel for the two devices already features Project Treble support. This is now for the stable Oxygen OS channel. Only a handful of devices support Project Treble officially such as the Samsung Galaxy S9, Essential Phones, Razer Phone, Sony Xperia, Huawei, etc.
In order to get the OTA update, is simply go to settings, system updates, and check for OTA updates. If you get the latest Android 8.1 Oreo update notification, download and install it. The OTA zip weighs about 766 MB in size. But this only applies for the devices running on stable Oxygen OS 5. For devices on Open Beta, we have listed the signed full firmware zips for the two devices below. So it is easy for you to manually upgrade your phones.
Changelog: OxygenOS 5.1.5 for OnePlus 5/5T
Apart from the latest Oreo firmware, the update also comes with August 2018 Android Security Patch. It features Project Treble Support.
How to check if your Android device supports Project Treble?
Download the Treble Checker app and launch it.
You will also see a new Gaming Mode support and optimizations. The OnePlus Launcher has two new features that adds category tags in the search section of the app drawer and auto naming of folders based on categories. Moreover, the devices will also receive the latest Android P 9.0 update in the upcoming months. So stay tuned for the Open Beta updates.
- Updated Android security patch to August 2018
- Confirm PIN without tapping √ to unlock the phone (Settings -> Security & lock screen -> Screen lock -> PIN)
- Added sleep standby optimization (Settings -> Battery -> Battery optimization -> Advanced optimization -> Sleep standby optimization)
- Improved photo clarity
- Added Group Messaging
- General bug fixes
Changelog: OxygenOS 5.1.4 for OnePlus 5/5T:
- Updated bootloader for system security enhancement
- General bug fixes and improvements
- Updated to July 2018 Android security patch (2018/5)
- Fixed auto-rotation stability issue
- Fixed stability issue with the Bluetooth connection for cars
- Places: a map view of photos by location
- Added “Recently Deleted” collection
Wireless & Network
- Fixed Wi-Fi connecting issue
- Double-tap to lock screen
- Fixed microphone not functioning issue for AKG earphones
Changelog: OxygenOS 5.1.2 for OnePlus 5/5T
- Fixed ringtone issue for phone and notifications
- Updated system to Android™ 8.1 Oreo™
- Updated Android security patch to 2018-04
- Added full-screen gesture support (Only 5T)
- Added new optimizations in gaming mode including power saving and pausing adaptive brightness
- Added network boost – network priority for gaming App in the foreground
- Added category tags in the search section of the app drawer
- Auto name folders based on category
Currently, both the OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T have received the full stock firmware update zip.
Download Oxygen OS 5.1.5 for OnePlus 5:
You may also need:
- TWRP (Unlocked Users) Codeworkx TWRP | Blu_Spark TWRP
- Flash Magisk 16.3 to root Android
- Stock Recovery: Official | G-Drive
Previous Oxygen OS 5.1.3 for OnePlus 5:
- Oxygen OS 5.1.3 | Download Official | AFH mirror
- Oxygen OS 5.1.2 | Download OP5 Official
- OTA update from OxygenOS 5.1.2 to 5.1.3
Download Oxygen OS 5.1.5 for OnePlus 5T
- Oxygen OS 5.1.5 for OnePlus 5T | Download Official | AFH Mirror
- Oxygen OS 5.1.4 for OnePlus 5T | Download Official | AFH Mirror
You may also need:
Previous Oxygen OS 5.1.3 for OnePlus 5T:
- Oxygen OS 5.13 for OnePlus 5T | Official | AFH
- Oxygen OS 5.1.2 for OnePlus 5T | Download OP5T Official
Mirror OP5T AFH
How to update OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T to Oxygen OS 5.1.5?
There are multiple ways to update OnePlus devices to the latest firmware update.
Method 1: How to capture OTA update zip?
Download OTA and install using stock recovery or ADB sideload method. If your device is on Open Beta update, then see the second Local upgrade method below.
- Make sure your OnePlus 5/5T is on the latest previous OxygenOS update.
- Download and install a VPN app like Opera VPN.
- Launch the VPN app and change the device location to Canada or Germany.
- Now go to Settings > System updates > check for OTA update.
- Download the OTA update listed
- Approve for installation.
The above files are full firmware updates. See how to install full Oxygen OS firmware packages using Local Upgrade method.
Method 2: How to update OnePlus using Local upgrade method via full stock firmware zip?
- First, download the full stock firmware zip from above for the OxygenOS 5.1.
- Transfer the files to the root of phone storage. Meaning, outside every folder.
- Now go to Settings> System update> Tap on the top right settings icon > Choose local Upgrade.
- The Local Upgrade option will search for an OxygenOS package.
- Once you see an upgrade package, tap over it and then hit the install option.
Method 3: Update for rooted users on TWRP
This method requires the latest TWRP recovery. Make sure you have the modded recovery listed above setup on your device.
- Download and transfer the OxygenOS 5.1 firmware from above to device storage.
- Reboot into TWRP recovery.
- Take a full backup.
- Tap on in install and flash the OOS zip.
- Flash Magisk for root.
- Wipe cache.
- Reboot to system.