Android’s latest November 2017 security updates are now rolling out for several Google devices. The OTA updates and factory images are now available for download for Nexus and Pixel series devices.
Google releases monthly security patch for its supported Android phones like the Pixel series and Nexus series. The latest sources are then available for public under the AOSP project. These are then compiled by other manufacturers and custom ROM developers like Samsung, Sony, LG, HTC, Lineage OS to build their own ROMS. These manufacturers and developers then roll out OTA updates to their Android phone users.
Today, the latest November 2017 security patch is rolling out and the OTA and factory images are also available for download. Google’s downloads repository includes a number of phones like Nexus 6P, 5X, Player, Pixel (XL), Pixel C etc. All of these devices now sport the latest security patch and Android OS version, which is Oreo.
Last year’s Pixel 2016 and Pixel Xl are receiving two new builds OPR1.170623.032 and OPR3.170623.013 for Fi/Canada and the global variants. The Pixel C is now being updated to a new firmware build OPR1.170623.032. Whereas, the Nexus 6P and 5X now run OPR5.170623.011 and OPR6.170623.023 respectively. All the builds are based on latest Android 8.0 Oreo.
Download November 2017 Security Patch OTA and Factory images
Project Fi and Canada variant of Pixel and Pixel XL models have different versions. Also, there are two different Nexus 6 factory images.
Following are direct download links. Get the correct file for your phone.
- Google Pixel XL – 8.0.0 (OPR3.170623.013, Nov 2017)
- Project Fi/Canada – 8.0.0 (OPR1.170623.032, Nov 2017
- Google Pixel – 8.0.0 (OPR3.170623.013, Nov 2017)
- Project Fi/Canada –8.0.0 (OPR1.170623.032, Nov 2017
- Google Pixel C – 8.0.0 (OPR1.170623.032, Nov 2017)
- Nexus 6P – 8.0.0 (OPR5.170623.011, Nov 2017)
- Nexus 5X – 8.0.0 (OPR6.170623.023, Nov 2017)
- Nexus 6 – 7.1.1 (NGI77B, Oct 2017, Verizon)
- Nexus Player – 8.0.0 (OPR2.170623.027, Nov 2017)
- Nexus 9 (Wi-Fi) –7.1.1 (N9F27M, Oct 2017)
- Nexus 9 (LTE) – 7.1.1 (N4F27P, Oct 2017)
Google Pixel 2 2017:
- Google Pixel 2 – still on September security update
- Google Pixel 2 XL – still on September security update
Unfortunately, the latest Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL still feature the previous September 2017 security patch. Also, rest of the Nexus phones are out of support period. So they are still on the previous October 2017 security patch.
You may also like: