The latest September 2017 Security Patch from Google is officially available at the AOSP downloads repository. The factory images as well as the OTA update are now available and readily flashable onto the system via stock recovery or ADB sideload method. The September Patch comes with a very small package of around 60 MB for several Nexus and Pixel series phones. The OTA update is currently rolling out across the globe for Google Pixel, Pixel XL/C, Nexus 5X, 6P, 6, 7, 9 (WiFi & LTE).
As we know, Google recently released the official Android 8.0.0 Oreo firmware update for all of it s supported devices in August. Hence, the September patch is also based on 8.0 Oreo. We have 3 sets of monthly Android security patch. One for the Oreo, one for 7.1.1 Nougat, and finally the 7.1.2 Nougat. Marshmallow is discontinued and manufacturers are now releasing Nougat as well as Oreo update for their respective devices.
We have already reported about the Google Pixel (XL) September OTA and Nexus 5X OTA capture yesterday. Some other manufacturers have already released the September Patch like Samsung, Sony Xperia, and many more.
Following are the firmware build number for several variants of Nexus as well as Google Pixel devices. The devices to receive these updates along with their model number are listed below:
- Pixel – 8.0.0 OPR1.170623.026 (Fi/Canada), OPR3.170623.007 (International)
- Pixel XL – 8.0.0 OPR3.170623.007 (International), OPR1.170623.026
- Pixel C – 8.0.0 (OPR1.170623.026, Sep 2017)
- Nexus 6P – 8.0.0 (OPR6.170623.017, Sep 2017)
- Nexus 5X – 8.0.0 (OPR4.170623.006, Sep 2017)
- Nexus 6 – 7.1.1 (NGI55D, Sep 2017)
- Nexus Player – 7.1.2 (N2G48C, Aug 2017)
- Nexus 9 LTE – 7.1.1 (N4F27O, Sep 2017)
- Nexus 9 Wi-Fi – 7.1.1 (N9F27L, Sep 2017)
The changelog can be found at Android Security Bulletin for September 2017.
Download Factory Images and OTA updates for Nexus and Pixel devices
The factory images and OTA updates are now available for download directly from Google’s servers.
List of devices for which factory images are available:
- “marlin” for Pixel XL
- “sailfish” for Pixel
- “ryu” for Pixel C
- “angler” for Nexus 6P
- “bullhead” for Nexus 5X
- “hammerhead” for Nexus 5 (GSM/LTE)
- “shamu” for Nexus 6
- “razor” for Nexus 7  (Wi-Fi)
- “razorg” for Nexus 7  (Mobile)
- “volantisg” for Nexus 9 (LTE)
- “volantis” for Nexus 9 (Wi-Fi)
- “fugu” for Nexus Player
- September Factory image | Download (Official)
- September Factory image OTA | Download (Official)
See : How to root Android 8.0.0 on September 2017 Security level?
How to update Google Pixel and Neuxs devices to September 2017 Security Patch?
Installing this factory image will perform a clean flash. This means it erase all data from the device and restore Android to complete stock. Kindly backup your device and its contents before proceeding.
See: How to flash Factory Images on Nexus and Pixel devices?
Installing OTA updates will keep the data. But you need to be on the previous August security level based on Oreo. You can also download OTA updates from Settings > System updates.
Alternatively, you can download and install OTA zip files from above and flash it via ADB sideload method.
Subscribe to Newsletters via Email. Follow us on Google News and Join our Telegram Group! Also, support us by donating via PayPal.