October security patches are still seeding for many devices. In the process, now the October security patch for Verizon HTC 10 is rolling too. The update brings the monthly upgrade in the security patch level of the device. A patch for the Blueborne Vulnerability is also accompanying the October security patch. The security patch is rolling as OTA (over-the-air) mode.
The latest firmware update brings the version number 2.41.605.30 for US variants of Verizon HTC 10. The update is based on Android 7.0 Nougat. You can download the OTA update when it rolls on to your device. Since the update is rolling in waves it will take some time for the update to be available on your device.
Changelog: October Security Patch for Verizon HTC 10
This update is not exactly deemed as a minor update as it brings a patch for Blueborne threat.Although the Bluetooth vector has been successfully handled, these patch is probably of the September month. Since there was not any rollout it is included in the October security update.
So, this OTA update packs
- October 2017 Security patch
- Blueborne vulnerability patch
Download October Security Patch for Verizon HTC 10
Since the update is rolling as OTA let’s see how we can capture it. The device will automatically catch it and install the latest update. Alternatively, you can manually check for the update and install it.
Currently, the latest RUU or OTA update for Verizon HTC 10 build 2.41.605.30 is not available. So you can flash the stock RUU of previous update and latest check for OTA updates.
Download previous RUU:
- HTC RUU for 2.41.605.30 | Not available
- RUU for 2.41.605.20 THIS RUU WIPES DATA
- RUU for 2.41.605.18 THIS RUU WIPES DATA
- RUU for 2.41.605.12 THIS RUU WIPES DATA
How to install full stock firmware in RUU zip form?
- Download the RUU.zip file.
- Rename the zip file to 2PS6IMG.zip (being careful that you have file extensions turned on, or are aware that it could be renamed to 2PS6IMG.zip.zip, which is bad)
- Copy 2PS6IMG.zip to root of a physical SD formatted to fat32 or exfat! No internal storage!
- Reboot phone to download mode and follow prompts once RUU is detected by phone.
How to update Verizon HTC 10 to October security patch via OTA?
- Go to your device Settings > About device.
- Tap Software updates > Check now.
- Tap DOWNLOAD to download the update.
- Follow the instructions to install the update.
- Tap the System update to begin the installation process.
That’s it. Now you are done installing the latest October security patch for Verizon HTC 10. So, make sure not to miss the update as it brings important security upgrades.
Also, keep scrolling on AndroidSage and follow our social media handles for all the latest news and updates related to Android.