Table of Contents
The Paranoid Android team has returned and they’ve returned with a bang. With the PA team already having added support to various devices and releasing quick fixes for the Paranoid Android ROM in a short span of time, PA may very well become the force it once was in the developer world.
The Paranoid Android Release 3 (7.2.1) is based on AOSP and is an iterative update over the PA 7.2.0 and is the team’s second update in a matter of 10 days, an impressive feat in itself. The latest update is available for devices which include, but are not limited to OnepPlus One, OnePlus 3/3T, OnePlus X, Nexus 5, Nexus 6, Nexus 6P Xiaomi Mi5, Nextbit Robin and LeEco Le Pro3
Paranoid Android Release 3 (7.2.1) Changelog
The latest release by PA consists mostly of bug fixes coupled with minor enhancements. A detailed list can be found below:
Fixed pocket lock media control interaction issues
Launcher layout fixes
Fixed sensor related issues
Fixed PIE sensitivity
Other minor bug fixes
Added Three fingers swipe down for screenshot (Under Gestures)
Various performance enhancements
Various changes to telephony handling, including improvements for wfc and volte
Updated PA browser
Improved handling of carrier provisioning
Other stability fixes and minor improvements
The update also includes a new boot animation for its devices which pays homage to the highly popular Marshmallow animation for Paranoid Android.
The update also bumps up all official devices to the July Security Update. Users interested in trying out the vibrant PA wallpapers can head over to the stock wallpapers post to get a taste at the latest the team has to offer.
Download Paranoid Android Release 3 (7.2.1) For Your Device
- Pixel XL | Download
- Pixel | Download
- Nexus 6P | Download
- Nexus 5X | Download
- Nexus 6 | Download
- Nexus 5 | Download
- OnePlus One | Download
- OnePlus 3/3T | Download
- OnePlus X | Download
- Nextbit Robin | Download
- Xiaomi Mi5 | Download
- Xperia X Compact | Download
- Xperia X | Download
- LeEco Le Pro 3 | Download
The list will be updated as more devices receive support over time
Install Paranoid Android Release 3 (7.2.1) On Your Device
- Make sure your Android device has an unlocked bootloader.
- Ensure that your device is rooted with TWRP recovery installed.
- Download and transfer the latest AOSPA firmware build from above to your phone storage. You may also root via, latest SuperSU, or Magisk.
- Download latest GApps for 7.1.2 Nougat.
- Transfer all the files onto into phone storage.
- Reboot phone into TWRP recovery.
- Take a full Nandroid backup of existing ROM.
- Wipe the current partitions (system/data) except for the internal storage.
- Tap on Install and flash the AOSPA ROM.
- Flash GApps and SuperSU/Magisk.
- Reboot to system.
Source: PA Team (Google Plus)