The team behind Paranoid Android recently updated the AOSP based ROM to version 7.2.1 bringing bug fixes, optimizations and a new boot animation to it. The latest update also added official support for the community beloved Nexus 5 and two Xperia devices, namely, Xperia X and Xperia X Compact.
The device additions were made in light of a recent poll carried out for Sony devices by the AOSPA team found Xperia X and Xperia X Compact devices emerging as clear favorites. The complete changelog for the latest PA 7.2.1 can be found below:
Fixed pocket lock media control interaction issues
Launcher layout fixes
Fixed sensor related issues
Fixed PIE sensitivity
Other minor bug fixes
Added Three fingers swipe down for screenshot (Under Gestures)
Various performance enhancements
Various changes to telephony handling, including improvements for wfc and volte
Updated PA browser
Improved handling of carrier provisioning
Other stability fixes and minor improvements
Download Paranoid Android 7.2.1 For Nexus 5, Xperia X and Xperia X Compact
Install Paranoid Android 7.2.1 For Nexus 5, Xperia X and Xperia X Compact
- Make sure your Android device has an unlocked bootloader.
- Ensure that your device is rooted with TWRP recovery installed.
- Download and transfer the latest AOSPA firmware build from above to your phone storage. You may also root via, latest SuperSU, or Magisk.
- Download latest GApps for 7.1.2 Nougat.
- Transfer all the files onto into phone storage.
- Reboot phone into TWRP recovery.
- Take a full Nandroid backup of existing ROM.
- Wipe the current partitions (system/data) except for the internal storage.
- Tap on Install and flash the AOSPA ROM.
- Flash GApps and SuperSU/Magisk.
- Reboot to system.
Source: Paranoid Android (Google Plus)