Table of Contents
The ZTE Axon 7 Mini is now receiving the latest Android 7.1.1 Nougat firmware update following its parent smartphone Axon 7. ZTE is an emerging smartphone manufacturer similar to Oneplus, Xiaomi, etc. The main attraction about ZTE devices, apart from their stunning specifications, is that they focus more on the software updates. To comply with the high-end specifications, you also need good software and most importantly, update it to the latest one. ZTE in doing just that. Today, the ZTE Axon 7 Mini is receiving the latest Android 7.11. Nougat firmware update.
This tutorial will help you download and install the latest software update available for the Axon 7 Mini. The full firmware file is now available for the European market as well as the Russian variants as well. The firmware build number is B2017G V1.0.0B12.
What’s new with Android 7.1.1 Nougat for ZTE Axon 7 Mini?
The new Android version upgrade packs many of the goodies that come with it including emojis, Advanced Doze Mode, etc. According to the ZTE Blog, the software upgrade also comes with a new WiFi calling for the T-Mobile carrier.
Here’s the full changelog:
- Android 7.1.1 provides updated emojis, plus the ability to use two or more languages at once. Communicating is now easier (and more fun) than ever.
- Not only can you text in two languages, but you can “be in two places” at once! Android N gives you the ability to switch between apps or run them side-by-side. How fast can you multitask?
- Android N also provides the ability to save even more battery power, revamped notification updates and a whole lot more so you can customize the Axon 7 Mini even more.
- With T-Mobile Wi-Fi Calling support you can now talk and text without using data!
How to install Axon 7 Mini Android 7.1.1 Nougat firmware update?
As the firmware update is being rolled out Over-The-Air, you can download OTA update zip from MiFavor app by going to settings. If the OTA notification doesn’t show it up, you can still download the full firmware file from below and do a manual upgrade via stock recovery.
Alternatively, in case your Axon 7 device is rooted with TWRP installed or the device is bricked for some reason, you can restore/unbrick the device using the full stock firmware listed below using SD Card package.
The build for 7.1 Nougat for Axon 7 Mini is ZTE B2017G V1.0.0B12. It works with European variants and Russian variants.
With stock recovery, place the OTA update in SD card, and perform a Local Upgrade.
- Download the OTA update from above.
- Transfer the OTA into SDcard
- Reboot into stock recovery. To do so, turn off mobile and hold Volume Down and Power button at the same time.
- From stock recovery, tap on install update from storage. Alternatively, go to Settings>System Updates and do a Local upgrade.
- Wait for the OTA to flash.
- Reboot to system.
Image Source: ZTE