Table of Contents
Huawei has already released the official Android 7.0 Nougat based on the EMUI 5.0 and 4.1 to many of its devices. The Huawei P8 and the P8 Lite are one of them. However, the two devices are now receiving custom ROM support with the latest Lineage OS sources. There are very few phones who have received the official Lineage OS 14.1 build which includes Ascend Mate 2, Honor 4/4X/5X. With this unofficial LOS 14.1 ROM for Huawei P8 (Lite), you can take the devices to latest Android 7.1.2 Nougat.
As the Lineage ROM comes to P8 as an unofficial build, it incorporates some bugs at the moment. The things which are currently working include Audio, Camera, WiFi, RIL, only SIM 1 with data network, Sensors, Off-mode charging, ADB and MTP file transfer, storage, display, etc. However, the features that are not yet working include Video Recording, SIM 2 Slot, GPS, NFC. With more development and builds, you can expect more things to work. So stay tuned.
Download Lineage OS 14.1 ROM files for Huawei P8 (Lite)
Currently, the Lineage OS 14.1 based on Android 7.1.2 is only available for Huawei P8 Lite. The P8 is still running the LOS 13 and with time you may expect more builds. Check out the sources for more updates.
- Lineage OS 14.1 for Huawei P8 Lite | File: lineage-14.1-20170417-OpenKirin-alice.zip
- Lineage OS 13.o for Huawei P8 | Downloads | System, and Boot
The lineage OS 13.0 for Huawei P8 comes as boot.img and system.img files.
Download Gapps for Lineage OS 14.1 and
Download Gapps for Android 7.1 ARM64 | Download link
Latest TWRP for Huawei
TWRP 3.1.0+ for Huawei P8 (lite) | Download link
Flash SuperSU for root access
Latest SuperSU 2.79 SR3 | Download link
How to Install Lineage OS 14.1 on Huawei P8 Lite based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat?
Before you proceed with installation, make sure the Bootloader on Huawei device is unlocked. The tutorial also shows how to root and install TWRP on Huawei. Just grab the latest SuperSu and TWRP files from above.
Note: In order to flash the
Lineage OS 14.1 Installation Instructions:
- Download the Lineage OS 14.1 ROM file from above.
- Also, download the latest Gapps for Android 7.1, latest SuperSU 2.79 SR3 and transfer all the files to the phone storage.
- Reboot Android phone into TWRP recovery.
- Take a complete Nandroid backup.
- Now tap on Install and choose the Lineage OS zip file and swipe right to flash.
- Similarly, flash the Gapps and SuperSU zip files.
- Reboot device to system.
That’s all. Enjoy the latest Android 7.1.2 on your Android device with the latest Lineage OS build.