The original NVIDIA SHIELD TV has now received the Android 7.0 Nougat update with the Nvidia Experience Upgrade 5.0. This new upgrade brings Amazon Videos to stream online movies and videos with 4K. The Nvidia Games app has now been included replacing the Nvidia hub. There are other performance and stability upgrades as well.
As for the Android 7.0 Nougat update, the new system UI brings the latest Google system apps. The update also added the Recent apps page, Picture-in-picture support, and New settings menu. So now you can enjoy the latest Android version on your Android TV.
What’s New with Shield Experience Upgrade 5.0?
Stream thousands of popular movies and TV shows in up to 4K HDR. Watch exclusive Amazon originals like The Grand Tour with an Amazon Prime Membership.
NVIDIA Games App
NVIDIA Games is the new way to find and play a huge library of amazing games on SHIELD. Here, you can access GeForce NOW games, exclusive Android games, and NVIDIA GameStream games. Plus, all the games that you install or play will now show up in the games row on the SHIELD home screen.
NVIDIA Games replaces the former SHIELD Hub app and its associated home screen tiles (SHIELD games, GeForce NOW, and GameStream). This update will be a staged rollout and will happen over the next few weeks via app update on the Google Play Store.
GeForce NOW Performance Upgrade
Now, you can instantly play on-demand PC games with performance up to GeForce GTX 1080 gaming graphics in the cloud.
GameStream in 4K HDR
NVIDIA GameStream has been upgraded to provide 4K HDR, as well as smoother, lower-latency streaming. Play your library of PC games and enjoy direct access to Steam Big Picture from the Steam app.
View live video from your Nest Cams with the new Nest app on SHIELD. With Nest Aware, you can even watch each camera’s video history.
Android 7.0 Nougat Upgrade
SHIELD just got upgraded to Google’s latest Android 7.0 operating system. Enhanced features include:
– Recent apps page: Double-press the home button to quickly access recent apps.
– Picture-in-picture support: Try it out today in supported apps like Live Channels.
– New settings menu: Enjoy quicker navigation with the new right-side vertical settings menus.
– Added Pause/Play button functionality on the SHIELD remote by double-tapping on the volume slider.
– Added ability to write to attached USB or SD card storage.
– Added 4.1, 6.1, and 8.1 speaker configurations for Plex.
– Enabled cast for HBO GO.
SHIELD welcomes the NFL app, the new Twitter for TV app, Comedy Central, Vimeo, and Viki.
The OTA download links for the Nvidia Shield TV are not yet available. Meanwhile, you can check out the earlier OTA update links – How to Install Android 6.0 Marshmallow OTA Nvidia Shield TV Update v3.0.
You may also like:
- Install NVIDIA Shield Tablet Marshmallow Update 4.1
- Download Nvidia Shield Tablet K1 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Update