Earlier this month Nvidia released the Android 6.0 Marshmallow OTA update for its Shield Tablet. A similar update has been rolling out for the Shield TV as well. The update packs the latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow firmware along with many new features and stability improvements. The OTA comes with version 3.0 and weighs over 800 MB. This is a huge incremental update and brings new opportunities for the users. You can wait for the update to hit your device or get it from the download section below.
Members at XDA Developers forum have managed to capture the OTA. Hit the download section below to grab it. The best method to apply the OTA updates is using ADB sideload method. Check out our tutorial from below.
DOWNLOAD SHIELD TV SOFTWARE UPGRADE 3.0[sociallocker]
Here is the OTA URL for the 2014 Shield TV Android 6.0 release:
Direct Link | File: productionBL-droid-signed-foster_e-full_ota-41937_667.2671.20160218230615.zip
See how to apply OTA: How to install OTA update manually using ADB Sideload or Fastboot
- Android™ 6.0 Marshmallow Upgrade
- There’s more to love about NVIDIA® SHIELD™ Android TV with Android 6.0 ‘Marshmallow’.
- Enjoy a new background for your home screen, plus a redesigned Google Play Store.
- Customize the recommendations row or re-order your app and game tiles. Go to Settings > Preferences > Home screen.
- Turn your SD card or external USB storage into encrypted internal storage for your apps and games.
- Set up a new SHIELD without any typing. Just say “OK Google, set up my device” from your phone and your Google account and Wi-Fi password will be automatically transferred to your TV.
New SHIELD Features
- Access the power menu on the home screen by holding the Back button.
- Seamlessly switch between surround sound and headset audio in Netflix app.
- Added wireless support for SHIELD controller when charging via USB, including headset audio and voice search.
- Improved color support for YUV 4:2:0 video playback.
- Option to set 1080p 60Hz resolution on Ultra HD TVs.
- Option to set RGB Full Range. Go to Settings > HDMI > Dynamic Range.
- Improved support for Denon receivers.
- CEC volume control for more audio receivers.
- Supports the new Vulkan™ API for high-efficiency access to SHIELD’s graphics hardware.
Optimizations for New Apps and Games
Like and share us on social media. For any help or queries, comment down below.